Struggling to replace SD card on RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Jye

Struggling to replace SD card on RT6

Post by Jye »

Hello guys,

First post here. Been deep diving on this forum for some time and I feel like I am doing everything right and its just not working.

So I am working on my partners car, a Peugeot 308 Diesel with an RT6 unit inside. The original firmware was RNEG2.75.C.5 and the SD card is totally buggered. I know this because I take the old card (8gb) out and put it into my windows PC and my whole PC comes to a standstill trying to read the 3 separate partitions on it, its like they are all totally corrupted (it can read 1 or 2 partitions, however at least 1 of the partitions is completely corrupted). Before I did this I did run Mirascrips to suck out the user_com_data and all that jazz but I'm not too concerned because she doesn't really use the GPS or anything she is just concerned about Bluetooth for music playback.

So here is what i have tried.
-Remove old SD card, replace with new class 10, 16gb SD card formatted to FAT32 and also ran the script to remove the system volume information.
-Burnt a 2.86 firmware ISO onto a brand new disk.
-Put unit in car, turn car on, the screen flips up.
-Put firmware CD into the unit, it spits it out after 1 minute.
-Keep putting the CD in and it keeps spitting it out. Do I just need to get an official Peugeot firmware CD?

note. I have also tried using a USB with the 2.86 firmware on it to try to flash it on. I had the USB in the slot in the car for over 40 minutes and the screen just kept flipping up and down and the CD drive would make noised periodically. (I also ran script to remove system volume information on USB)

note2. Does anyone have firmware version 2.75 ISO for download (or 2.80) as I have heard some things that upgrading any further is troublesome but unfortunately I cannot find any other version than 2.86
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: Struggling to replace SD card on RT6

Post by Paul-R »

I have 2.77 and 2.80 as ISOs. They're both about 70 - 80MB in size.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You need to appreciate that the system used ont he RT6 is an Automotive Operating system based on a version of Unix, so expect issues with reading data in Windows - it is not designed for this and also Windows will immediately bung on a load of its own system volume info files, that must be removed (which I see you have done).

You misunderstand what Mirascripts does. The user data has nothing to do with GPS and maps it has everything to do with the configuration of the RT6 system as it relates to your vehicle's equipment options and the user settings.

If your system is not reading from the USB and it has the correctly extracted firmware files on it from the ISO and won't read from the CD, then it's fair to assume the unit is knackered. Replacing the MicroSD card can only help with the failures or imminent failure of the card itself, but if the unit itself has died a death and won't boot, then it's likely to be an internal motherboard issue.

Try another CD, but I suspect you will encounter the same issues.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gavinj87

Post by Gavinj87 »

I would suspect it may be down to the SD card. Everywhere I have read it says not to put it into a windows machine.
I have just swapped mine and I just put the brand new card straight into the unit and ran the software from a cd as the usb wouldn't work for me either.
Mf01

Post by Mf01 »

Guys, is there anywhere I can send my head unit off to for a corrupt sd card or anywhere I can buy the sd card ready to put in and use. I’m never gonna get the whole mirascript thing and really want an easy way out. Been without a stereo for over a yr basically 🙈
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, sorry, that's like saying I need to replace the hard drive in a PC and saying I want to buy it with my exact operating system and software applications already installed and configured!

The guide has been written in clear sections as to what to do, and it's an alternative to buying a new one that will cost up to £1.5k, or a reconditioned one at £766 to £950 from your dealer, plus configuration time.

I believe at some point the dealers used a repair service for sending these off to the Clarion Centre for repairs, but the costs were at the time in the region of £600 IIRC.

I put a list of repairers I know about here:
viewtopic.php?t=60781

Even if you were to get a second hand unit, it will need to be the exact same model (some RT6 units had no rear camera capability for example) and will still need VIN coding and configuring online with Diagbox.

Are you saying the screen is blank, so you can't backup the User configuration files using Mirascripts?

Marc
Mf01

Post by Mf01 »

Okay thanks, at the time the screen would go blank and then come on intermittently but it was basically resetting the radio every few minutes.

Would you mind resending the link for the guide please?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sure, it's in the main RT6 / eMyWay Telematics Forum here:

How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Marc