Tired DPF - DS5 2.0 2012

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Cristache39

Tired DPF - DS5 2.0 2012

Post by Cristache39 »

Hello,

After a new scan with Diagbox i found out that my DPF is clogged at 69% and a regeneration media is about 250km (from what i heard it should be 400km).
I haven’t received any DPF errors yet.

Which should be the next best step?
Making a Diagbox regen while driving the car? (Due to the fact that the stationary one may be dangerous).
Or demount it and go for a thermal cleaning?

Thanks!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Tired DPF - DS5 2.0 2012

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Be advised that the levels will rise and fall after each regeneration so you will get different readings, which is normal. Don't be reading internet rubbish about distances for regenerations! It is perfectly normal for different vehicles to regenerate at different distances. This is because the driving conditions and driving styles are different for every driver in different locations. Example: lots of motorway driving: passive regeneration takes place without the need of assisted regeneration, so happens normally without intervention.

Short stop / start journeys: assisted regeneration will happen a lot more frequently, so obviously at reduced distances between each one.

When and if the filter is getting full and the engine ECU has tried multiple times to regenerate and can't because it is interrupted, then a warning will flag up about the risk of the filter blocking.

Do not undertake a forced regeneration - I don't think you can anyway whilst the car is being driven, this is only for situations where the regeneration has failed multiple times and is very strenuous on the vehicle's components, so not recommended.

Leave it is alone until there is a reason to intervene.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Cristache39

Re: Tired DPF - DS5 2.0 2012

Post by Cristache39 »

Hi Marc,

Thank you for your time and explanation.
I will do that!

Have a nice day! 🤝🏽