Citroen C5 X7 RD4/45 to Android Multimedia - My Experience (update)

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

DjNick

Citroen C5 X7 RD4/45 to Android Multimedia - My Experience (update)

Post by DjNick »

Hello everyone,i was thinking of updating my android upgrade instal for c5.Original post where i asked for oem touch screen version is still threre yet i cannot edit it,and since someone asked to keep you guys updated should i decide to go aftermatket route that's what am going to do,and hopefully help someone in the process,who isnt sure if he want's that or not.
My original version is this small screen,and i had no navigation.
IMG_20230627_175958.jpg
What i got was 10 inch version,and naturally this part where hidden compartment goes needs to be removed and plastic around it cut to fit.Should you decide to revert you can buy used trim part for less then 50e.That is only if you have one like mine,without big screen.With big screen,nothing needs to be cut.Here is a bunch of cables if you want do it yourself 😁
IMG_20240128_113413.jpg
Process takes 1 hour give or take(someone who knows what they are doing.
What are the some of the featured you lose?
Honestly none,as far as am aware of.Most important thing is to have right can bus decoder for that particular model of car/multimedia.All the steering wheel buttons work for controling multimedia.Hydraulic system visual raise/lowering are displayed on center console right next to where speedometer is anyways.
You wont be able to use old radio but that goes without saying🙃
Information regarding fuel consumption is properly displayed and you can view it on multimedia screen(just forgot where exactly) but i saw it works.Visial when ac is turned on for some reason not displaying proper numbers on android screen,but can still see it on small screen right above ac screen.
Parking sensors work fine and there is visual showing which one is closest like green,yellow red color.Thing about it tho is that it picks up little closer to obstacle then what the case was with oem,but it still works fine.You can also instal camera but i didnt do it(and it takes like 2 hours to route all the cables and connect everything properly)but it's possible should you chose to do so.
Bluetooth for audio and calls work but quality is honestly crap.
Radio works and quality is fine,but dont expect as many stations as you had with rd4,ng4 etc.
Sound quality is better then original radio(mine was rd45)maybe beacouse this version has dsp chip,idk but it's better.
Every android application you would expect work.Right now am playing music via usb stick,but you can also copy that that to internal memory of device.Turn on time is really fast,one key turn and device is on,like 3 sec.
IMG_20240204_144023.jpg
Hard to see quality when picture is taken by phone but it's chrisp and bright.
IMG_20240204_144911.jpg
IMG_20240204_144112.jpg
Price was 390euro+20e for instal.
This one was a bit more expencive since it is intended for eu market(Germany) and you can see that on box code.
Memory 4gb +64gb of rom
Manufacturer is Junsun
Overall am satisfied,google maps work super fast and you can share internet via hot spot on mobile so you are always updated in real time.You can use offline maps just fine.Maybe i missed something,and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.
This might be updated with some audio speakers upgrade if i decide to do that🤗
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re:Citroen C5 X7 RD4/45 to Android Multimedia - My Experience (update)

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've moved this to the telematics Forum and changed the title to reflect the upgrade from the system you had to make it clearer for others.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc