Diagbox Medway Kent

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Joet_999

Diagbox Medway Kent

Post by Joet_999 »

Hello, I’ve been a background reader but now a first time poster.

As you might have guessed I’ve got an issue with my Grand C4 Picasso Flair 1.6hdi (2018).

Long and short of it is the motorised boot won’t lift or close itself, just get 3 short beeps. I’ve changed the battery in the hope that it was an easy fix but to no avail.

Is there anyone in the Medway / North Kent area that is willing to help me get some error codes so I can have a half accurate stab at fixing it. I’ve already done £230 on the battery, could do without throwing any more aimless money at it. I don’t mind paying in money, beer or I’m pretty handy bicycle mechanic (ex trade). I’ve looked on the map for local people but there don’t seem to be any in my area. Or does anyone know an independent that can do it.

I’ve read a couple of forum threads that have pointed to the ECU for the boot but I can’t tell unless I get some sort of code.

The wife uses the car mostly and without the motorised action the tailgate is almost impossible to shut even by a fully grown man. The 2 local dealers are a month plus to even look at it, let alone fix it.

I’m an avid fix it myself guy but this is my first PSA group car for about 20 years. It looks to have got a bit complicated on the diagnostic software front with dedicated laptops and leads. I will look into this but I could do with getting this sorted sooner rather than later.

Thanks in advanced
Joe
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Re: Diagbox Medway Kent

Post by myglaren »

Have a look at the list here, and the map linked at the end and use the PM system to contact members in your area.
Note that they are all volunteers and that they may not be active so it could take a while for them to repond.
Joet_999

Post by Joet_999 »

Thanks for the reply, I did look on this list but the closest guy is over an hour away. If I get no local luck I’ll get in touch with them.
Thanks.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Cuxton auto services ?
Husky. :?
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Huskyxantia wrote: 01 Feb 2024, 17:11 Cuxton auto services ?
Malcome is pretty clued up , is it stll there ,?
Joet_999

Post by Joet_999 »

Just an update, replaced the boot control unit, didn’t fix it. Replaced the noisy boot strut, didn’t fix it either. So it’s going into Citroen just to be looked at in about 2 months time. Speedy service.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Goodluck hope your car gets sorted .