Dispatch 2020 can't update stereo

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Ln59ej

Dispatch 2020 can't update stereo

Post by Ln59ej »

Hello I'm hoping someone can help me

I have a 2020 citroen dispatch 2020 stereo with android auto

The app tells me there's an update available unfortunately the update program doesn't connect to the Internet tired on 3pcs different Internet no luck.

Citroën emailed me the update file and a key file

Iv formatted copied to 2 different memory sticks but it just days update usb key not company with this vehicle

Iv tired 2 different key files they sent me and I send a screenshot of my stereo and they confirmed there correct but still won't update

I'm wondering if anyone has any advice to give thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Dispatch 2020 can't update stereo

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are major issues with the App or the App connection to the servers at present - there have been issues for over a month with people not being able to get their updates.

If you provide your VIN, I should be able to check which system you have. In the meantime, tell me what version of firmware and maps you currently have, then I may be able to provide the correct links to the download directly.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Ln59ej

Post by Ln59ej »

Hello thanks for your help they sent me the files but cannot get it to accept it

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Hmi rcc2019.82.19.16.2.1.00
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so here are the files from the servers directly.

RCC Firmware 6_0422_23.3I37.1

Licence File

You'll need at least an 8Gb USB key, formatted in FAT32.
Extract the firmware files onto the USB key from the downloaded archive using something like 7Zip utility freely available (do not copy the downloaded file itself onto the USB),
Next create a new folder on the route of the USB drive called 'licence' exactly as I have spelled it here without the inverted commas, and copy the licence file directly into that folder.

Keep the engine running, allow the vehicle to run for a minute before inserting the USB to allow time for the module to load up and it should detect and ask if you want to update it. Note: you may get a message first about no media files being found. That's just because it first looks for MP3 files in case you want to play them. wait for a few seconds and then the update message will appear.

Marc
Ln59ej

Post by Ln59ej »

Hello thank you for the help iv followed as above unfortunately still get usb key not compatible with this vehicle
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Are you sure you formatted the USB as FAT 32 and extracted the files to the USB - and did not just copy the downloaded file to the USB?

I can't help if you have followed all the steps. You may have a corrupt USB file in that case.

Marc
Ln59ej

Post by Ln59ej »

Hey

I downloaded file extracted it to a fat 32 16gb usb stick

I then made a folder called licence and copied the license key file into it

Do you mean currupt on the stereo itself thanks
Ln59ej

Post by Ln59ej »

does the usb stick need to be called a certain name
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, but must be FAT 32 formatted with no other files on it. Make sure the 'licence' folder is spelled correctly.
Start vehicle. keep engine running, wait for a few minutes then insert USB. It may start looking for media files, which you can ignore, then it will look for an update and ask to proceed.

Marc
Ln59ej

Post by Ln59ej »

Thanks tried again on another stick but no luck I have the breakdowns and sos buttons could thar be anything to do with it
Ln59ej

Post by Ln59ej »

Its definitely recognising there's an update there as it'll it Says at top update then usb key not compatible with this vehicle
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So I can only suggest your USB is faulty, but to answer your other question, no, the SOS and breakdown buttons have nothing to do with the updating of the Head Unit.

Marc
Ln59ej

Post by Ln59ej »

Thank you do you mean the USB stick or the stereo itself
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The official answer to that message is: "the files on the stick or the formatting of the stick itself are incorrect", so try another USB or reformat again to FAT32 and make sure your download is not corrupt.

Marc