Headlights

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Leejasp

Headlights

Post by Leejasp »

Only had my ds5 2011 for a few weeks. Love the car but why are the headlights so poor replaced xenon normal to osram night xenon but still poor is there a headlight upgrade or a bulb that is better.
Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Lee
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Headlights

Post by GiveMeABreak »

From experience on my C5 X7 I used the DS1 OSRAM Xenon Xenarc Nightbreakers. These were far better than the yellowish stock Xenons and provided a nice crisp white beam.

Of course my headlamps were different to yours, and I believe Osram have changed the product range now.

But may be worth checking headlamp alignment or a trip to Specsavers ( :-D )
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Leejasp

Post by Leejasp »

Hi Marc
Cheers for answer i already being to specsavers thinking it was my eyes. Haha
Maybe it is alignment but it passed mot without any issues.
Lee
Steve DS5

Post by Steve DS5 »

Lee, I have exactly the same problem with my DS5 2013 , I cant believe the headlights would of been this bad from new , I hope someone comes up up with a solution.
Steve
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Just a thought and an untested one at that. Given the bulbs are to spec and the headlights presumably undamaged I wonder if it is a straightforward case of the reflectors being grimy with some sort of fogging that has occurred? I'd try removing the bulbs and spraying the 'Daily Shower Cleaner' into the head lamps so that it bounces around and gets on to the reflectors. It is designed to run down and dry leaving a smearless bright surface and it does work on my shower!1 If anyone tries it the results would be interesting to know!! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The LED module on these is sealed Mick and the other lamp is a Xenon Discharge with projector lens so that is more or less sealed too. Unless the lamp coating itself is starting to cloud over?

Marc
Leejasp

Post by Leejasp »

Level sensor on rear axle has lost plastic connector. Does anybody know if youcan but these or do i need a whole new sensor.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You have both a rear left and right height sensor and these are complete sensors.

Marc
Leejasp

Post by Leejasp »

Hi marc
Yeah i know, the one on drivers rear side. The plastic connector is missings or has falling off so showing directional headlight fault wanted to know if other members have found a solution to replace just connector as sensor part is fine.
Lee
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The are only sold as complete sensor units, no spare casing for the rear sensors, just for info. :wink:

Marc