Mick's Motoring Wales Wander

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Re: Mick's Motoring Wales Wander

Post by MattBLancs »

Jim, thanks for sharing your back story too. Get well soon
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

MattBLancs wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 08:28 Jim, thanks for sharing your back story too. Get well soon
Thanks Matt :-D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Thanks for the best wishes Jim. I am aware of ME/CFS from reading articles in the New Scientist magazine and the possible relationship with long covid. I hope that the interest in long covid will prove beneficial to you.

I just reread my medical post and realised that I had completely missed out the radiotherapy that I underwent! What would have been a big thing to most people was just one more treatment to be undertaken as part of the process. Ten sessions of so many Curies in total immediately before I had the BEAM treatment and stem cell transplant.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

You really have been through the mill Paul...
Paul-R wrote: 16 Apr 2024, 09:15 I hope that the interest in long covid will prove beneficial to you.
Yes, Long Covid being a well recognised condition has already helped. ME/CFS is now beginning to loose it's old 'Yuppie 'Flu' tag and many in the medical profession recognise it for what it is.

Even when I was diagnosed a good proportion of doctors refused to acknowledge it and dismissed it.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...