Firmware update won't start

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Andre_DS3_R

Firmware update won't start

Post by Andre_DS3_R »

Hi everyone,
I cannot update the firmware from 2.80.E.2 (CD 8785) to the latest version available (2.86.B): when I insert the USB stick, the system takes about 2/3 minutes to check the media contents of the stick and returns the error “Update support damaged or incomplete”.
I downloaded the firmware from Citroen Service (I checked the size of the downloaded file) and I tried with different USBs, both 2.0 and 3.0 (all formatted in FAT32, checking that all the files in the .rar archive are present and the size of the extracted file into USB).
I also followed all the instructions from Citroen, i.e. those indicated in this guide (do not have navigation in progress, remove any CDs, wait a few minutes before starting the update, ...)
I would like to contextualize the situation of my car, a 2011 Citroen DS3 Racing (a car that comes as standard with RNEG - MyWay car radio:

1) Last summer I installed an RT6 from a Citroen C5, also updating the firmware to 2.86.B without any problems.
2) A few days ago I installed an RT6 from a Citroen DS3, so as to be able to use the car's original Hi-Fi system and the reversing camera, as the C5's RT6 did not have these two functions.
3) Today, the car radio has been tele coded to the car and works without any problems (I can listen to music via USB - so the cables are correctly connected and the system detects the USB stick)

Has something similar happened to anyone before?
Could it be that the RT6 SD Card is dying and no longer accepts software updates?
Thanks in advance, Andrea B.
Andrea
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Firmware update won't start

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hard to say. Most of these issues under NORMAL circumstances (i.e. updating the vehicle's original head unit) are resolved by changing the USB Media and also checking there are no Windows system files being placed on the USB when you have extracted the firmware using a Windows PC.

In your case, there may be other options that need checking in the Head Unit ECU / BSI, seeing as you have replaced the Head Unit. Although you have telecoded the VIN, you should check that the other options are set correctly for your vehicle, as this can have an impact on the system's operation. There are multiple configuration options that need to be checked as these are often retained with the Head Unit when removed.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Andre_DS3_R

Post by Andre_DS3_R »

Hi Marc,
I have already telecoded the VIN and all other options are exactly the same as the old RT6 (with the exception of video input, rear camera presence and amplifier settings).
What should I change in BSI? I have already upgraded from RNEG to RNEG 2, so the BSI should be set correctly.
I think I'll stick with firmware 2.80 (if I don't encounter further problems) or do i really need 2.86 benefits?
Andrea
Andrea
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No - stick with what you have - if it isn't broken .... :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Andre_DS3_R

Post by Andre_DS3_R »

Little update: i was able to update maps and speecams withount any problems (same USBs!).
In addition, i also enabled a few parameters through MiraScript.
Andrea