Rifter allure dashcam and other questions

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

exskoda

Rifter allure dashcam and other questions

Post by exskoda »

Hi all , My first post.

just got a Rifter allure 1.5 blue 100 ,20 plate , 3 days ago , low mileage , great runner. No really detailed handbook so I'm slightly lost as to what it has fitted.

It has lane assist, I think it recognises speed limit signs so I assume it has a camera but can I access the camera as a dash cam ?. Can I view the videos if it records all the time or just if a incident occurs ?. If so where is the video stored?

How big a job to fit a rear view camera and could it be integrated into the radio head?. It seems there are two versions of the radio head unit , how do I tell the difference.?

Do I have to use a phone to get gps/sat nav i.e. google maps or such ?

Any input welcome
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Rifter allure dashcam and other questions

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No and no.

The camera is not a a connected cam. It does not record video. it is used for speed sign recognition, lane departure and depending on options is used for active safety brake / Collision system.

You have no access to it, and you cannot wire another video camera to the head unit.

This is a bespoke system. If you want a dash cam, you'll need to buy and install one separately.

Post your VIN up and I will be able to advise what system you have. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
exskoda

Post by exskoda »

Thanks Marc,

I had a suspicion that was the case Vin is VR3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].

At least I can fit a dash cam , what is recommended for the power feed, a piggyback connector off a ignition switched fuse or a fused feed off the power /cigar lighter.?

I'm not sure about the lane assist, on a narrow country lane it started to nag me and told me to hold on to the steering wheel.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have Digital Connected RADIO (no satellite Navigation on this model).

So you Should have Apple CarPlay / Android Auto so you can use those navigation systems.

The camera on the fron is as I described and your Lane Departure Warning also has Trajectory Correction (so best only used on the motorway).

As for fitting a Dash Cam, yes, best is to use a piggy back fuse and either a permanent or switched live. I have mine on a switched live as I used to forget to switch the camera off and it casued battery drain. Now on a switched live, it auto switches on when the ignition goes on and off.

Marc
exskoda

Post by exskoda »

I tried android auto but didn't seem to get anywhere with it , Must look more closely at it to see what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks again , will come back if any more problems /advice needed
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so Check the Manual here under page 196, which is under the Peugeot Connect Radio, that you have:

Rifter Manual 2020

Remember if connecting via USB cable, you need to make sure it is a kosher cable and that you are not sharing the USB port with a splitter or hub to share the connection. This won't work with CarPlay and not to sure about Android Auto.

Marc
exskoda

Post by exskoda »

Thanks for the manual, MARC

I think I've found the the problem, its my old phone its an android 9 maybe too old . sourcing a newer cheap one, will see then what happens.

How can anyone access the fuse box , its a mass of wires and cables and the fuse remover tool supplied is too short . luckily I've got a longer one that will reach.