ds5 (2016) multimedia failure

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

ds5user

ds5 (2016) multimedia failure

Post by ds5user »

Hello, I have a 2016 model ds5. The multimedia is faulty. Nothing works on the screen. But the rear camera and the radio buttons on the steering wheel work. Image

https://img.imgyukle.com/2023/07/22/rvKl5c.jpeg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: ds5 (2016) multimedia failure

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll need to provide the VIN so I can determine which Head Unit was fitted (please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ds5user

Post by ds5user »

HI,
VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok so you have the early version of the 'Analogue Connected Navigation' system. It's likely that the internal memory has failed.

Also, be aware that this vehicle has 3 outstanding after-sales campaigns on it! They are concerning the timing belt face parts to prevent premature failure and the other one is to do with the catalytic converter.

I suggest you contact your DS dealer and quote references: HQX, HCJ & GEX. The work will be free of charge, but I wouldn't leave it as if your timing belt goes early as a result - there will be much larger consequences.

HQX - Timing belt (Issued 26/07/2021)
Vehicle reliability and your safety are a major concern for CITROEN. As such, the manufacturer has asked us to replace the timing front face parts on your vehicle, if the vehicle reaches 60,000 km or 4 years in order to avoid any risk of premature wear.

HCJ - Timing belt (Issued 22/01/2021)
The operation involves replacing the timing front face parts.

GEX - Catalytic converter (Issued 13/03/2019)
The operation involves checking the exhaust catalytic converter, and rectifying it if necessary.

All showing as incomplete.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc