RT6 firmware upgrade path

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

usb_port

RT6 firmware upgrade path

Post by usb_port »

Hello,
My RT6 system on my Peugeot 508 sw 2012 is rebooting every few minutes, which leads me to believe that the firmware-SD card is corrupted. I managed to fish out the config for my car (user_4.dat, user_com.dat and user_config.dat) using Mirascript. Because the CD-drive is broken, i have to use the USB port to flash the firmware onto the RT6. The current firmware on my car is 2.37.A.2, and i was planning to update it to the newest version, and after that flash the old config files to the new firmware. Now my question is: do i need to update the firmware to another (newer) version first or can i directly go to version 2.86?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RT6 firmware upgrade path

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can go straight to 2.86 and as this is a 508 it will have CAN2010 architecture, so should flash to the latest version without an issue, but at least you have a copy of your user files should this be necessary.

Just make sure you do not have any bluetooth phones connected before you undertake the update as you don't want anything interfering with the upgrade and that goes for fiddling with any vehicle controls at the same time.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
usb_port

Re: RT6 firmware upgrade path

Post by usb_port »

Thanks a lot @GiveMeABreak!