Electrical circuit fault: have your vehicle repaired

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

cardav999
New User

Re: Electrical circuit fault: have your vehicle repaired

Post by cardav999 »

I’ve had the same issue, the car starts every time, no issues. But I have a message ….electrical circuit system, have the vehicle repaired with a pic of a battery. Took to my local garage today but he said I’d have to go to a Citroen garage as his diagnosis couldn’t pick up the fault, he said it’s something to do with the relay which I didn’t understand. Is this going to be costly at a Citroen garage to get diagnosed and repaired?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Citroen have a standard diagnostics charge currently at £120 inc. VAT for up to an hour of diagnostics - but it may be way less than this if the fault is easily diagnosed and you get your answer. It may save you money and time in the long run going to other places that haven't got a clue.

Without a proper fault code (s) we can't help, may be an alternator issue or a supplies management issue or neither. You see the problem....
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
qwertyqaz

Post by qwertyqaz »

Hi! I have not resolved the issue yet. I am dropping the car off with Citröen’s service (it’s not the Citröen’s service but their partner’s service with Ctiröen trained technicians if that makes sense) tomorrow for fault seeking. I will let you know when I learn anything.

Does anyone know what to expect when it comes to the cost if it is the BPGA unit? Does it make sense to source it privately and ask my local service to fit it or is it better to pay the official service even if the price would be a lot higher?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Citroen won't fit aftermarket parts - only genuine ones.

Labour rates are pretty standard - get a quote for supply and fit. The work and parts will be guaranteed for at least a year.

For the later Picasso, the Supplies Protection and Management is about £350 UK inc. 20% VAT. for the part excluding labour.

Marc
qwertyqaz

Post by qwertyqaz »

Hi again,

I just got back from Citroen. They did all the checks, a remote session connecting to the server etc and concluded that the BPGA needs to be replaced as you mentioned. The cost here in Sweden would be 300€ for the work and 350€ for the part. A bit high considering the value of my car but I have to think about it. Either way, the BPGA needs to be replaced.

It was the code error B1624 73 - same as I got from Lexia. The part number I got is 9675349880 and in another place it is state BPGA (1032) if this helps someone. The connector to the fuel heater was also disconnected which was also popping up on Lexia but that had nothing to do with my main issues.

Do you know if this part can potentially be replaced by any other service? Is it just a matter of replacing it or also programming it? I saw a video on youtube on how to replace it. It is quite complicated give the number of connections coming out from it.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1032 is just an internal code from the wiring diagrams and not used for parts. The part number is 9675349880.

As for fitting, this is why it takes so long, because of the number of connections to deal with. It's the labour cost in time. But at least you know the work will be warranted at the dealer for 12 months along with the part and and they should know what they are doing.

I'm sure another garage could do it - but it could take them longer to do if not familiar with the wiring and systems - which may not work out cheaper - and if they made a mistake....

There is no programming of this equipment, it is just the supplies and management protection unit that protects other components.

Of course it's your choice what you decide.

Marc
qwertyqaz

Post by qwertyqaz »

Thank you for all of your advice. Especially for suggesting to leave it with Citroen, that made a difference. Even though I got the same error codes, I was still not sure what the issue really is.
qwertyqaz

Post by qwertyqaz »

I just wanted to conclude the topic on my end. I got a used BPGA and installed it myself following a yoututbe video. It took me 55 min from start to finish and everything works perfectly! I decided to do it this way to learn something plus to save money. Even if the unit I installed breaks, I could install 3 more while staying within the cost Citroen asked for.
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Post by Rp0thejester »

It's rare to hear a conclusion on an issue, so thx for posting that
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
qwertyqaz

Post by qwertyqaz »

Hi again!

I have a followup question to my own case :) This might not be related to this topic, I am not sure. Around the time I changed the BPGA, I started having some issues with My Citroen app and trip logging. Initially, I did not link the two together because after the replacement, I got couple of trips that were logged properly. Then even though I was getting a connection between the car and the app, I would not get any travel data.
I uninstalled the app, re-installed it and then couple of trips were logged. Unfortunately, the next day nothing would be logged. I tried this couple of times, I tried both importing the old data and not importing it after re-installing the app. The same thing happens. I get a connection within the app, get one or couple of trips logged and then nothing. I also got a new phone around the same time but I removed the old one from the list of the devices, removed the My Citroen app on the old phone and re-installed it on the new phone.

My question is: is the BPGA responsible for the logging of trips or is this just a coincidence? Also, I believe that my car would always present itself as SMEG or something like that but I noticed that now it says Citroen when searching for bluetooth devices. I have not performed any firmware updates for the car. I am considering doing an update but I am a bit worried about the consequences like potentially bricking the unit. Would you have any tips?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No. This has nothing to do with the app, which is notoriously bad and a common problem for users that lose data and trip info frequently.

1) It is a problem with the connection or the software, but nothing to do with the supplies and management unit.
2) 'Citroen' is the Bluetooth connection name from you vehicle's Head Unit - it does not specify the unit name.
3) You should consider updating Firmware when available as it fixes known issues (some that you ay not yet be aware of).

Marc
qwertyqaz

Post by qwertyqaz »

Thank you for your reply. I did a firmware update and the issue went away!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Great, glad to hear it's resolved your issue.

Marc
Guyr94399
Donor 2023

Post by Guyr94399 »

Hi, I have the topic title come up on my wife's 2015 C4 (B7), and is showing the following codes........
U1F00 Fault event not stored in the faults log
B1003 Configuration fault
U1F41 Absence of communication with the supplies protection and management unit

I recently replaced the battery protection unit as I could only start the vehicle if I connected the busbars together. After replacing this all was fine for 2-3 weeks, now I get that warning every time. The VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff] any pointers would be gratefully received.

Guy

After reading several posts on various topics I have carried out a reset of the BSI. I printed off the procedure and followed it to the letter. Still getting the same result with the warning message and the service warning on, but everything is working as it should and drives well.

I'm a bit stumped now on what to do next........These are the code I'm getting:-

(BSI) B1601 Central Power Switch Positive (+CPC) Relay Control Fault Present Built-in System Interface
(BSI) U1F00 Fault Event Not Stored In The Faults Log Present Built-in System Interface
(BSI) B1003 Configuration Fault Present Built-in System Interface
(BSI) U1F41 Absence Of Communication With The Supplies Protection And Management Unit Present

Can anyone suggest anything else I can try please

Thank you
bradley

Post by bradley »

following this as i got lately a B1003 00 fault code stating Configuration Fault(warning!this may be a phantom fault) ... i changed the battery as the battery drop test at the garage said it was running at 50% ... new correct battery fitted yesterday(22/02/2024) ... lets see if this has fixed it !!