Bluetooth - 2-in / 1 out ? OR

This unit is the RD4 or RD45 system, made by Continental.
Usually standard equipment unless another system is specified as an option. There are Single & Dual Tuner versions. RD45 features over the RD4: The RD45 has USB connectivity & integrated Bluetooth module supporting Phone & Audio Streaming.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Bluetooth - 2-in / 1 out ? OR

Post by Sloppysod »

Does anyone know of a 'Gadget' that will pair with two Bluetooth devices with one?
I want to connect my Phone and also a Music player to my RD45
Or is there another way Aux input?
Thanks
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 05 Mar 2023, 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to RD45 Forum
Stu ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
C5 Steering rack @ 58,000 mi
4 discs & Pads @ 63,585 mi
2 (AM6) oil exchanges @ 58,876 & 72,378 mi
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Re: Bluetooth - 2-in / 1 out ? OR

Post by CitroJim »

Can you play your music via your phone Stu?
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Post by Sloppysod »

Yes Jim, playing music from my phone works fine, so does via a USB drive, but I am thinking about connecting another source.
After more searching I think the answer to my initial question is such a gadget does not exist๐Ÿ˜’
So, PLAN B - will my RD45 unit accept an Aux input lead?, so I can connect via headphone jack. ๐Ÿค”

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)

Major interventions
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sloppysod wrote: โ†‘04 Mar 2023, 17:54 Does anyone know of a 'Gadget' that will pair with two Bluetooth devices with one?
I want to connect my Phone and also a Music player to my RD45
Or is there another way Aux input?
Thanks
Not possible Stu. The RD45 can manage Bluetooth, CD and AUX connections, but you can only have one active source.

I should add that as I think you have retrofitted an RD45 in place of your factory-fitted RD4, you wouldn't have had the AUX input Sockets fitted in the Glovebox, confirmed as not fitted from your vehicle specs.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Post by Sloppysod »

Thanks Mark, I thought mine was a RD45 as it has the USB option in the armrest and it hasn't had many owners and I have not changed anything.
Anyway, thanks, just looked definitely no jack socket in the glove box just a plastic bit where it would be. ๐Ÿ˜’
So now PLAN C......... ๐Ÿค”

Major interventions
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Let me double check - database is down for updates at present, but if you haven't upgraded, then you will likely have RD4 and the hands-free kit instead of RD45. I'll let you know which shortly when the system is back up.

Update:

Ok, so confirmed as RD4 head unit with separate telephone interface kit (bluetooth calls / Audio).

As you have the dual tuner version (there are 2 trim levels on the RD4), it will support AUX via one of the 12 pin connectors as part of the Quadlock connector.

AUX is ok, but as it's only an audio source, there is limited functionality - in other words you can only control the volume level. So no skipping tracks or anything like that. If you were to connect an iPod or music player, you would have to set the device to play independently and that would be it, you could only change to another source using the steering wheel controls, or change volume, nothing else.

However, your single slot CD player incorporated into the RD4 is MP3 compatible, so you can easily create an MP3 CD, storing hundreds of audio files on a single CD and play that as an option. You would have track titles and be able to skip and fast forward tracks as normal.

I used this on my RT3 Navidrive back on my old MK II C5 before the days of USB and bluetooth. Although it had a CD Changer, the changer itself is not MP3 capable, but the CD player in the unit was. It worked brilliantly. I had 4 or 5 CDs I kept in the car and that pretty much gave me hundreds and hundreds of music files.

So may be something to consider.

Marc
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Post by Sloppysod »

Marc, Thanks for the updated info, obviously I was wrong, just wish the model was printed on the front of the radios.
Yes, I was aware of the mp3 option for the CD player, but as I currently have all my music on a USB drive no real benefit, I am thinking of using another external music source.
AUX lead it probably is then, but another option was that I could possibly use a FM transmitter and set a station preset to that frequency.

Major interventions
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes that's correct Stu. There are various types of units that work this way, but functionality is still limited to the Head Unit, which can only mimic a CD Changer, AUX or the FM channel. You may have to use a separate remote to control the FM device, depending in functionality.

Marc