C4 Grand Picasso dpf issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Leoj

C4 Grand Picasso dpf issues

Post by Leoj »

Hi, I’m a new member and this is my first post
I have a 2014 Citroen c4 grand Picasso exclusive 2l diesel.

The adblue warning light kept coming on and saying that there was no adblue when it was full and that it would stop in 600 miles and I ended up having the adblue tank replaced about 2 months ago under a warranty.

Now I have the engine light and the dpf warning coming on. Then the car goes into limp mode.
My mechanic plugged in and reset the car and I tried to take it on a long motorway drive to regenerate the dpf. The light and limp mode came back straight away.
My mechanic then tried a forced regeneration which reset it but 24 hours later….. warning light and limp mode.
My mechanic then cleaned the lambda sensor and forced regeneration and I think then programmed the car to think it had a new or regenerated dpf. Guess what, within 36 hours dpf warning light and limp mode.
Now I have been quoted £750 to clean the dpf or £1300 to replace it.
I just wondered if anyone else had similar issues. Or if anyone had any suggestions.
I keep wondering if the Adblue system is linked to the dpf and could something have been missed or done wrong when replacing the adblue tank that could have affected the dpf?
Any help is much appreciated.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: C4 Grand Picasso dpf issues

Post by Paul-R »

How many miles has the vehicle done?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C4 Grand Picasso dpf issues

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Leoj wrote: 28 Nov 2022, 20:44 I keep wondering if the Adblue system is linked to the dpf and could something have been missed or done wrong when replacing the adblue tank that could have affected the dpf?
The Adblue and the DPF systems are totally separate and independent of each other, so no.

Your DPF may be at end of life, so needs deep cleaning or replacing - there's not really a lot else to add - it's a service item that needs changing or cleaning at some point.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc