Firmware Updates

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

RudyVDW

Firmware Updates

Post by RudyVDW »

I must admit that I am quite frustrated with the App and the software/firmware update method.
We own a DS3 Crossback E-Tense since 2020 and it has been a real challenge to perform updates.
I believe to have taken all the necessary requirements:

*Dowload on your PC first
*Make sure the USB stick is of 32GB and formatted in FAT32
*The naming of the files are short like: DS_Updates

When launching, it saves the update on my PC; it then requires the USB memory stick; and it formates the USB stick;
Then the problems start.... it keeps running stating "COPY IN PROGRESS" but the cursor keeps running and not downloading the file(s) on the USB.

What else should I do or pay attention to?

PS. We also own a Tesla and this is of course a reference when it comes to firmware updates. NEVER a problem and always timely done through the App on my smartphone.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Firmware Updates

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Unfortunately there's not a lot I can suggest, but you shouldn't need to name anything. Just download the update to a folder on your PC with nothing else in it and then run the programme that formats and copies the files to the USB stick. This can take some time depending on the size of the updates you are trying to install.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RudyVDW

Re: Firmware Updates

Post by RudyVDW »

Thanks for your quick reply.
I'll need to keep a lot of patience I guess - trial and error and repeat...