Losing the will to live.......intermittent fault!

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Re: Losing the will to live.......intermittent fault!

Post by Huskyxantia »

:rofl2: :rofl2: Roller skate, haven't heard that in a while.
Husky. :?
Browni

Post by Browni »

I forgot how fun little cars are to drive, my dailies are a v70 and a Touareg 🤣🤣
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Oh yes , stepping back to them small cars can be fun . Hope you manage to sort the cars issue
Browni

Post by Browni »

One of my mates has a garage so off to use it (and tools) tomorrow........I'll feed back what I find
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Best of luck hope you find the source of the problem
johnhuson

Post by johnhuson »

If it gave out black smoke its way overfueling, if it hesitates for a second its underfuellng. Both those symptoms
point to fuel delivery. I find it difficult to accept that there are no error codes in the memory.
Have you had them read with a garage which has decent diagnostics?
Black smoke will also be there if the car has been cranked without starting and derv builds up.
If you are getting excessive grey smoke that is also overfueling.
Am not sure I have answers but it may stimulate the grey matter.
If it cuts out on hard acceleration then thats back to underfueling. I had this problem and found a collapsed air filter.
If waste gas is not escaping correctly like a blocked catalyser then all those symptoms may apply.
Browni

Post by Browni »

It’s been to a garage that has the Citroen diagnostic gear so seeing it’s French no it’s probably not the best 😜😂 there were no fault codes at all except glow plug relay which has been repaired today! Also the air filter is good!

So changed no.4 glow plug today and that’s cleared the glowplug relay fault, cleaned MAF sensor as it was pretty s**t up, checked all wiring that I could see and that looked ok! Sprayed around air intake and there’s been no searching. Let’s see what happens in the morning, been given to the end of the day tomorrow before it get weighed in for an Urban Cruiser
johnhuson

Post by johnhuson »

You need to have the car scanned again tomorrow after the changes you have made. Glow plug codes are only an indicator to a variety
of issues. A bit like a pyramid with the real issues drilling down on the scanner codes.
You are in to a spiral of changing parts in hoping you hit the jackpot? Perhaps the original diagnostic technician did not provide you
with a competent read out?
Diagbox can really drill down and find the error with a good operator who understands the process. You have assumed they did.
johnhuson

Post by johnhuson »

The diagnostic search needs to search specific areas and not accept general codes emitted by the ECU.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Did you test for a leaky head gasket ?