Android Auto option 'missing' from C3 2017 Wave 2.1 RCC

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Android Auto option 'missing' from C3 2017 Wave 2.1 RCC

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The best thing to do is provide me with your VIN (please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff), so I can check exactly what you had (at least fitted from factory) and we can take it from there.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
bakke171

Post by bakke171 »

Thank you

My VIN is VF3**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

I hope this helps, if no help can be given at least I will know what was originally in the car
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have the basic SMEG+ version, which is not Android Auto or CarPlay compatible.

It did at one time support 'Mirror Link', however this has been discontinued by Samsung and has been dropped in favour of Android Auto for later vehicles. If you had an older phone with older software it would of continued to work, but if the app was removed it could no longer be reinstalled.

So nothing you can do to make this happen as the hardware doesn't support it I'm afraid. Later vehicles equipped with NAC / RCC head units do support CarPlay and Android Auto, but these were from about 2017 on.

Marc
bakke171

Post by bakke171 »

Hi Marc

Sorry I may not of explained my self very well, my fault. The car does already have the RCC installed, so going from my VIN it did have the SMEG+ and someone has changed it. I can use Apple car play, The version that is installed though is -

The details I have
HMI version: 21.616.53.17.00
IMX version: x01011185_171122_16.1B116
V850 version: W2.1_16. 1S723

It would also explain why I cannot update via the my pug app. I would upload some photos but not sure how to
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You can use the FULL EDITOR & PREVIEW button next tot he SUBMIT button, then select the attachments tab, then browse to a picture on your phone of PC, it will upload, then use the PLACE button to put your image where you want it within the text of your post.

I understand now that somebody has replaced it with a different system. You are correct that you can't update it normally because it won't be authorised for your vehicle.

The Wave 2 RCC update you have is:
1_074_16.1B116 (Nov 2017)

I can provide you with the links for the DEC 2017 update and the last June 2019 update, but can't say if they will install because of the authorisation. This is likely why you are on the version that was with the unit when it was last updated when in the original vehicle.

Marc
bakke171

Post by bakke171 »

Image.jpeg
Image (1).jpeg

Thank you!! These were taken from my car.

If I could have the links that would be great, I guess the car can only say no.

Also, sometimes the car will come on with no sound coming from the speakers, reading other GTI forums this is/was a common problem and all that needed to happen was a software update to amp, is this something I could do?

Thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so check your Private Messages.

You'll need to update this via the USB port. Keep the engine running and copy only the extracted files to a cleanly formatted USB.

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It’s possible that your new phone isn’t compatible with the system. If you’ve got a Chinese brand of android phone, these are the ones that most often fail to connect.

What’s the phone brand and has the operating system been updated?

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That will likely be it as I’ve seen issues with these before. Are the other cars different makes?

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so pop your VIN up fopr me so I can see exactly what model and build year you have then I can tell you which phones are supported, They do support some of these... Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc