Carplay/Android Auto Upgrade for RNEG

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

azlan96

Carplay/Android Auto Upgrade for RNEG

Post by azlan96 »

I have a Peugeot 308 with the motorized screen running the Rneg system.

What are my options if I want to get Android Auto and Apple Carplay? I have seen some people installed an Android player but that means losing controls and access to vehicle settings on the main screen.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Carplay/Android Auto Upgrade for RNEG

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not a lot really as far as an OEM system goes, as the only ones that support that are the later SMEG systems or the NAC Touchscreens. As you have the older motorised system, you won't have anywhere to fit the touchscreen display and the head unit is designed to go behind the screen.

Later 308s with the SMEG system that already have the touchscreen on the centre console can be replaced with a separate CarPlay / Android Auto system like this:

Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
dylan26__
Donor 2024

Re: DS Automobiles - Parts

Post by dylan26__ »

Hey hey! So. I'm posting in this parts compared to citroen as i think what i'm asking may be better suited.

I currently have a 2010 DS3 with Myway. I was wanting to upgrade to the nav from 2018 with android auto. i understand i need some connectors for the change over and a different facia for visuals but i've seen the placed in there. Just wondering if you could provide me with components part numbers for the connected nav. (screen, head unit, peripherals) and whatever may show up on there. If all else fails i will just upgrade to emyway instead but really wanting the nav with car play / android auto.

My vin is: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 24 Sep 2023, 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to Telematics
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't advise 100% if this is doable as your DS3 from this year has an older electronic architecture (CAN2004), whereas later vehicles have a different architecture (CAN2010) or later. Connected Nav may not work as it integrates other car functions through the touchscreen / Head Unit (Climate, safety functions, active safety brake, collision braking, speed sight recognition, lighting options etc. etc,) that you will not have on a vehicle of this year and it may not be compatible.

I therefore cannot provide the part numbers for the items you require simply because there are multiple versions of screens and head units and these dependent on the original vehicle build date and specific equipment options fitted - which are not available for your car. Your VIN will not help as there are none of these options available for it.

Marc
dylan26__
Donor 2024

Post by dylan26__ »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 09:40 I can't advise 100% if this is doable as your DS3 from this year has an older electronic architecture (CAN2004), whereas later vehicles have a different architecture (CAN2010) or later. Connected Nav may not work as it integrates other car functions through the touchscreen / Head Unit (Climate, safety functions, active safety brake, collision braking, speed sight recognition, lighting options etc. etc,) that you will not have on a vehicle of this year and it may not be compatible.

I therefore cannot provide the part numbers for the items you require simply because there are multiple versions of screens and head units and these dependent on the original vehicle build date and specific equipment options fitted - which are not available for your car. Your VIN will not help as there are none of these options available for it.
Do you think the eMyway will work then as it's only a small difference to the myway
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Those units will be fine as they were supplied on the DS3.

Marc
dylan26__
Donor 2024

Post by dylan26__ »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 Sep 2023, 17:38 Those units will be fine as they were supplied on the DS3.
maybe i had the name wrong for "connected navigation" but i'm referring to the 2016+ touchscreen with apple car play. and the later one from 2018-2019 with android auto.

can you advise if this one will work with mine. I have a friend with a 2010 who has upgraded to this touchscreen system (with a custom adapter) but just want to make sure mine does work with these ones with can2004
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You currently have the MyWay system installed.

MyWay = RNEG (SD Card Slot in Front of Head Unit and made by Harman Becker.
eMyWay or RT6 =RNEG2 and looks identical to MyWay, but has no SD card Slot in the front and is made by Magneti Marelli.

These two units are the easiest to go from MyWay to eMyWay, except that the existing multifunction screen will not work from MyWay. eMyWay needs a new High Res screen. However, neither support CarPlay, Mirrorlink or Android Auto.

The early Touchscreen systems were referred to as SMEG or 7" Touchscreen.
The later vehicles from 2017 on had a new system called Connected Nav (NAC - with navigation / RCC without Navigation), both of which support CarPlay and Android Auto.

I cannot help you with these upgrades as they are a different system, have different control interfaces and may not be compatible with an older vehicle.

Marc
dylan26__
Donor 2024

Post by dylan26__ »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 25 Sep 2023, 19:22 You currently have the MyWay system installed.

MyWay = RNEG (SD Card Slot in Front of Head Unit and made by Harman Becker.
eMyWay or RT6 =RNEG2 and looks identical to MyWay, but has no SD card Slot in the front and is made by Magneti Marelli.

These two units are the easiest to go from MyWay to eMyWay, except that the existing multifunction screen will not work from MyWay. eMyWay needs a new High Res screen. However, neither support CarPlay, Mirrorlink or Android Auto.

The early Touchscreen systems were referred to as SMEG or 7" Touchscreen.
The later vehicles from 2017 on had a new system called Connected Nav (NAC - with navigation / RCC without Navigation), both of which support CarPlay and Android Auto.

I cannot help you with these upgrades as they are a different system, have different control interfaces and may not be compatible with an older vehicle.

No worries, i appreciate all the help you've given here so far too :D
Tomas1

Post by Tomas1 »

The main unit RT6(CAN2010) and the main unit Rneg MyWay(CAN2004) can be replaced with NAC.
The connector remains the same as the RT6, in addition you must have a CAN2004 to CAN2010 adapter.
For DS3, test the calibration and configuration files and choose the best version.