RT6 to NAC (Connected NAV) Upgrade

This is the Connected NAV system.
Main Features: It is a fully integrated Telematics System featuring CarPlay, Android Auto, Real Time Services, Voice Commands, High-Res Display, 3D Navigation, Bluetooth Hands Free & USB. 2 versions of the system are available NAC (Navigation Audio Connectée) and RCC (Radio Couleur Connectée) or Connected Colour Radio, which does not have the Integrated Navigation or Live Services.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RT6 to NAC (Connected NAV) Upgrade

Post by GiveMeABreak »

We really can't advise as to circumventing any subscription services on this Forum (even if there were such a way) as this would not be appropriate or legal.

The system generally checks eligibility of the service using communication with their servers from the independent telematic unit which has WiFi. This process is automatic and invisible to the user. If there is no WiFi telematic unit fitted, then the licence file may be utilised by the app for downloading and installing that way form PSA servers. But even with this, it may refuse to install if it cannot be verified.

I think you may be better off using CarPlay or Android Auto with a supported Nav system like Waze that provides some live services like petrol prices and traffic avoidance.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

@DanielvV

PM sent to you.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
DanielvV

Post by DanielvV »

Paul-R wrote: 26 Jul 2023, 12:51 @DanielvV

PM sent to you.
Hi Paul,
Thanks, but it seems my inbox is empty?

Daniel
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Damn. I must've accidentally closed the tab instead of sending it to you. Give me 10 minutes to resend.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

OK, definitely sent this time.

MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

@DanielvV: You can buy 1 month for 10€ to try it out. At least it's available on Slovenian, Italian, Belgian and some other Sores (didn't check the UK one)...

If you fitted the NAC in your car, then it's already coded to your VIN (no beeping?). But Connected services use internal NAC's serial number that you can't read, unless with Diagbox or Arduino. That number doesn't change even if you change the VIN for retroffiting the NAC to another car (as yours is changed, I presume). Since it is rather invisible to a common user (and unchangable), TomTom serves and services use (original) VIN linked to a speciffic UIN (Unique Identiffication Number) of a NAC. That's why you use donor car's VIN on Store Services site (although in BSI it's now changed to your car's VIN) to acces original Connected services and to renew the contract by paying for them (albeit with your Citroen account and not the original owner's one).
As long as you enter original (donor car's) VIN - it's going to be linked to that NAC and you're good to go with Services. Never mind you've changed the VIN for that NAC in your car and you're paying for it via yours (not original) Citroen account! The UIN stays the same and that's what matters on Tomtom servers...

Hope I managed to explain it? It's a bit complicated and I'm not a native English speaker, but maybe you got the idea how it works...
🤷‍♂️
Attachments
Slika zaslona 2023-07-27 u 00.09.11.png
DanielvV

Post by DanielvV »

Hi MacSlavko,

Thanks for the elaborate explanation!
I think I understand: the original (ESP Citroen) VIN is still hidden inside the NAC and with that info the servers know I have a subscription.
When the initial 3year subscription ends, I should be able to buy a new one via the Citroen app (with original VIN/car credentials) and should work on my system. I will definitely try next year, when the subscription is ended.

In case it won't work, I will switch to Android Auto, so in any case I should be able to get live traffic info.

Thanks again and have a nice day!
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

Yes, you should be able to renew the Services contract, but only if you know the original VIN.
If you don't have it maybe there's some way to obtain it through the NAC's serial number, but I don't know how to do it.
Best contact the seller and ask for donor car's VIN...
DanielvV

Post by DanielvV »

I have the donor VIN, so should be safe!

Thanks
biohead

Post by biohead »

I've done another thing :mrgreen: ... Decided to install a dual LVDS Wave 4 to the DS5. Once I can get hold of a reasonably priced iCockpit display I'd like to do that mod so this is the first stage of that.

@MacSlavko - would you be able to share the settings you've used in terms of the BTA2 settings? The Wave 4 I've used I've been told HAS been activated in the past and should have another year of free subscription - but when I try to connect the screen "crashes" back to the menu so I suspect I've got a setting wrong somewhere.
I think the two important screens are 2114 and 2130.
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

Not close to my Arduino atm so I can’t check the zones you’re mentioning…
But BTA 2.0 will work (provide you Internet connection for Connected Services) even if you make no changes in BTA 2.0 settings. Btw, you’ll need paid access to Service Box if you want to change BTA 2.0 settings…
If your head unit has 1 year of subscription it should work without any “crashes”. If no BTA 2.0 added, simple sharing the Internet connection from your phone should be enough…
kotysoft
New User

Post by kotysoft »

Hi Guys.

Didnt read throught the whole post, but read a lot.

Having a Citroen C5 x7 with RT4. As i know RT4 is replacable with RT6.

In theory could this NAC from ds work in a 2009 c5?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

All I can advise is that the Electrical architecture on the C5 X7 is CAN2004. The DS5s are CAN2010. NAC uses later architecture, so may not be compatible on the C5 X7.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Tomas1

Post by Tomas1 »

kotysoft wrote: 14 Aug 2023, 18:18 In theory could this NAC from ds work in a 2009 c5?

It is possible, you have to additionally build an adapter (Arduino) Can 2004 to Can 2010.
MacSlavko

Post by MacSlavko »

Apart from possibly need to install Can2010 converter, you’ll also need Arduino tool and calibration file from another vehicle (with most similar user interface).
There’s a guy who installed NAC in C5 X7 on VLud’s page, so maybe best to ask there…
https://vlud.net/nac-telecodage.html