Ep6 5fs 5fw help

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vladd.alex

Re: Ep6 5fs 5fw help

Post by vladd.alex »

Great Marc, thank you. I will have a look tomorrow. Considering that the pump that I have now is a mechanical one and the regulator is not needed, is there a way to cancel it with Diagbox and delete the error, then remove the regulator hanging outside at all? Many thanks.

By the way, the regulator is really outside the engine, as in the photo. It is now hanged somewhere behind the engine.
Attachments
6b6ccc31-6e99-4cbb-87c9-8b21342bcb17.jpeg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I couldn't say for sure, but it is understandable the original engine ECU would be configured for the original engine and its correct function with the appropriate sub-systems and equipment. The ECU is initially configured online for each engine variant and the parameters required for that exact variant.

It's not going to be possible for us to determine what you have now and how it should be configured to be honest, because at the configurable level of the Engine ECU, some of these options like the regulator may not even be listed as a configurable option. It may be configured automatically once it knows the correct engine variant if you know what I mean. This is something you may have to look at in Diagbox by looking at the engine ECU configuration options - just be careful to make sure you write down or screenshot anything before you change any options as there's no backup or undo.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
vladd.alex

Post by vladd.alex »

Hi Marc! The ECU is MEV 17.4.2. I will have a look in the parameters.
Attachments
IMG_5620.jpeg
vladd.alex

Post by vladd.alex »

I just checked the parameters and there is nothing on the engine ECU or on the BSI engine side related to oil pump type or oil pump regulator presence.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's it above, so you have a17.4.2 Engine ECU, so I'll delete the irrelevant table from my last post above.

Marc
vladd.alex

Post by vladd.alex »

Thank you Marc. That means I cannot modify the presence of the regulator from Diagbox, but what about uploading another software?

So only one question left from my side. What is happening if I remove the regulator completely?
Last edited by vladd.alex on 20 Mar 2024, 18:48, edited 2 times in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can't advise regarding Euro standard for whatever engine you have in there as I've no way to tell.

The engine management ECU will already be configured, so I can't advise on what is configurable or not, or what options to change, if any. It seems a right bodge of a job to be honest with no telling what else has been replaced.

Marc
vladd.alex

Post by vladd.alex »

Understood, Marc, thank you. I was just trying to look on the internet for the influence of the regulated oil pump / oil pressure on the emissions / Euro norm. Still got nothing.
vladd.alex

Post by vladd.alex »

Dear colleagues, beside the error P15A0 where you Marc described, I have another one, P000A, Inlet Camshaft Dephaser. They are both temporary and most probably appearing because of the new software which is operating the old engine 5FW (assumption).

The real problem is that my engine is turning off from time to time alone, sometimes on idle, sometimes while driving and this is very dangerous. I have no idea what to do, as I find no other error. And I am not sure that the temporary errors that I have are linked to the engine turning off. What can I start to search? Thanks a lot.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This is all I have on this issue and it's translated, so bear that in mind.
Fault Code: P000A
Description of Fault: Intake camshaft phase shifter: Servo fault. Movement speed of the inlet camshaft phase shifter out of tolerance.
Conditions for Fault to clear:
  • Engine running
  • After switching the ignition off and on again: When the computer goes to sleep
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active: -
Symptoms:
  • Idle malfunction
  • Starting problem
  • Jerks/stall
  • Lack of power
  • Slightly higher fuel consumption
  • Crackling / Crackling / Clicking
  • Hiss and siren / hiss / air noise
Suspect Areas:
  • Intake camshaft pulley
  • Intake camshaft phase shifter
  • Intake camshaft dephaser solenoid valve
  • Electrical harness between the following two rooms
    - Engine control calculator
    - Intake camshaft phase shifter solenoid valve
  • Cylinder head
  • Oil
  • Oil pump (variable displacement)
  • Oil filter

Marc
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

It is probably not this, but I once read of a car that kept switching off and it turned out they had a large bunch of keys on the ignition key and it would cause the key to turn and stop the engine.
vladd.alex

Post by vladd.alex »

Hi Marc. Do you have a table of values for the oil pressure for 5F01 engine, depending on engine rpm? Thank you.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

For the EP6C engine:

Engine speedPressure
IDLING1,7 ± 0,3 bar
1000 rpm1,8 ± 0,3 bar
2000 rpm2 ± 0,3 bar
3000 rpm2,6 ± 0,3 bar
4000 rpm3,5 ± 0,3 bar

Marc
vladd.alex

Post by vladd.alex »

Thank you Marc! My car has the oil pressure 5 bars at idle and up to 8 bars at 5500 rpm. That’s strange.
vladd.alex

Post by vladd.alex »

Is there available also a table with oil pressure values for ep6dt 5FT engine?