Just been stabbed.

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Rp0thejester
Donor 2024

Re: Just been stabbed.

Post by Rp0thejester »

I was offered a fourth jab because of health reasons which doesn't deserve another jab, probably a statitic the government want to improve. I have seen someone collapse after a jab, its not nice
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

My next door neighbour has just (almost) recovered from his third bought that laid him low for a couple of weeks.
I have mentioned before Dianne Cowern (Physics Girl on YouTube) who has been in bed for a year and is in a coma in hospital now.

I may be seen to be more vulnerable as I am 75 and have a respiratory complaint. An allergy triggered by aldehydes.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Decided I'm not getting stabbed again - I'm quite concerned about the subject nobody seems to be allowed to talk about without getting cancelled. Namely the excess death stats / Spike protein and Myocarditis, There, I've said it now. :-#
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Peter.N.
Moderating Team

Post by Peter.N. »

Myglarens post bodes well for me then, we have our 5th tomorrow at a 'walk in centre' at Seaton, only about 12 miles away, our last one was at the other side of Weymouth about 40 miles miles away. They only operate on Mondays. This the closest one we have had.

Not had any problems with the covid jab but our flu jab made me quite ill. Our son had quite a bad reaction to his last one, Myocardia? or something, bad for weeks.

Peter.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Never had any reaction to any of the jabs, Covid, 'flu, shingles or any prior ones.
Only the BCG when I was at school.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Had mine at the GP surgery just three minutes walk from my front door.....................but like the King to get an appointment with.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I accept the fact that there are no vaccines that are 100% effective. Equally, there are no vaccines that are 100% safe. Saying that, getting vaccinated against certain illnesses is usually safer than contracting said illnesses. One of the problems vaccination faces is scare mongering. Look what happened when a prominent doctor claimed the vaccine against Measles, Mumps and Rubella could cause autism. Even though this appears to have been proven to be false there are still those out there who will not allow their children to receive the MMR vaccine, which could put them at increased risk should they contract those illnesses.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote: 22 May 2023, 15:24 I accept the fact that there are no vaccines that are 100% effective. Equally, there are no vaccines that are 100% safe. Saying that, getting vaccinated against certain illnesses is usually safer than contracting said illnesses. One of the problems vaccination faces is scare mongering. Look what happened when a prominent doctor claimed the vaccine against Measles, Mumps and Rubella could cause autism. Even though this appears to have been proven to be false there are still those out there who will not allow their children to receive the MMR vaccine, which could put them at increased risk should they contract those illnesses.
Very well put James :D
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Indeed. I think that vaccinations are a boon in modern society at keeping virulent diseases at bay in the majority of the population. Their benefit overall is inestimable.

On a personal note I have recently started to have all (most?) of my childhood vaccinations again. This is necessary because I had a procedure called an Autologous Stem Cell transplant last year as part of my treatment against Lymphoma. This treatment relies upon beating the cancer down to such a low level that it will (hopefully) not reappear in the rest of my lifetime. The side effect is that my natural immunity is effectively reset. It's not non-existent but in a state that's immature. I've already had a couple of injections and I have a timetable that stretches for years into the future to build immunities back up again.

That doesn't include Covid though as that's not a childhood vaccination. I shouldn't simply go for a booster as that's not full strength. The problem is that there's nowhere close to where I live that can do restarts, they're all set-up for booster vaccinations. I'd have to go over the water to Liverpool or even further out to Chester. It's really annoying.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Paul-R wrote: 22 May 2023, 17:13 ............. I'd have to go over the water to Liverpool or even further out to Chester. It's really annoying.
Could you not go under the water Paul, as you did with us? :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

Been chucked out of my doctors, not that I have ever seen one of the doctors there, just a couple of jabs.
Signed up with the one we were originally at in 1978.
Had an appointment yesterday for a health check with a nurse and expected to be booked for a jab. No record of me there at all, rearranged for next Thursday.
I had tried to get my proof of life form signed and stamped at a police station near me but they wouldn't entertain it.
Chanced the one in Sunderland that I used last year, same policewoman, service with a smile, all no bother whatsoever.
While I was there, popped in to see a mate, don't get to see him very often. He was just on his way out, fortunately, as I was ringing next doors doorbell :(
He was going to a chemists to collect a prescription so went with him. They offered him a Covid jab while he was there and I got one too. All very quick, easy and painless in more ways than one.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Flu jabs for my wife and me tomorrow.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I had a COVID booster jab on Tuesday.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

I'm hoping to arrange something tomorrow. When I last asked the GP surgery wasn't going to get involved with the Covid vaccinations this time round.