Xantia A/C

Post your Cit/Peu/Ren air conditioning queries or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2019

Re: Xantia A/C

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks guys as always full of important and correct advice.
I think i can buy 2 ( new pattern part )fans but the diam is 320 not 305 as in my spec and think the fixing of the blades are not screw type so cannot swap the blades over even if the motor and fixing points are the same.
No one locally is prepared to strip and rebuild the motors even if they advertise the can do it so between a rock and a hard place, will need to delve deeper on the web to see what i can find.
I know i have a MK1 o/s front wing in the loft along with a radiator and washer fluid bottle, just wonder what else i put up there ????

admiral51
Donor 2019

Post by admiral51 »

I know its only a temp fix and not for getting the A/C up and running but whilst i have 1 working fan if i swap them round then if temp gets a little high i should have 1 fan working on slow and should also kick in on full chat if needed, 1 is better than none ?
And i could have it running full time on slow if i have blower on and A/C button on or set to demist?
Just trying to avoid issues whilst i look to getting a full pair working
Colin

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Post by xantia_v6 »

Swapping the fans will make no difference, other than the other one will come on at high speed. You would still have no low speed fans and one high speed fan.

admiral51
Donor 2019

Post by admiral51 »

Yes you are correct as usual was just thinking of a work around temp fix.
As i do not have access to Service Box anymore could someone have a look and see if they can identify the measurements of the OE fitted frame for the fans.
I have found This on the Bay and think if it comes complete then atleast i know they will both be new and of the same rating.

I have removed the frame before, and no it is not a 5 minute job as from memory i have to remove front bumper and move both rads as they sit over the frame, A/C is not working so no issue there, i think i can get away with lifting up the cooling rad but if need be i can remove.
I have a week off early august so can spend a few days to do it, gotta keep it as she is a keeper :)

And A/C is not the issue, i need to make sure the cooling side of things work, i can always open the windows lol

Colin

admiral51
Donor 2019

Post by admiral51 »

I think also from memory the 3 relay plugs can be pushed out and the wiring loom unclipped from the frame so i can just do a BOL and refit as reversal of the removal process :)

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

No dimensions on Sbox Parts, but this is the item:
2.0 HDi Xan cooling.JPG

admiral51
Donor 2019

Post by admiral51 »

Thanks Chris but it does look very similar, just wondering if the diameter on the fans is 305 and the diameter on the housing is 320 hence the difference for clearance ??
Honest opinion needed, no pressure but looking at both would you go for it lol
Colin

white exec
Moderating Team

Post by white exec »

Would guess that the 305 is the actual fan diameter. Not much point in specifying the aperture size.
If looking at that ebay item, why not just measure your own existing unit on the car, and contact the seller to check his dimensions?

admiral51
Donor 2019

Post by admiral51 »

will be doing that tomorrow just being a numpty and asking for advice from those that i trust advice from :)

admiral51
Donor 2019

Post by admiral51 »

I have measured the fan diameter and can confirm it to be 320 as per the diagram, why it shows as 305 on service box i have no idea.
Difficult to measure the height accurately but give or take a few mm it is close to the 450 and the length is bang on at 688 and so is the spacing between the locating holes so i may just take a punt and order it, looks like a few days dismantling coming up unless they are screw fixings for the blades in which case scrapped knuckles will ensue :)

Thanks again for the helpful advice, really appreciate it