How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD
Lansa

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Unread post by Lansa »

Well i bought the CD to install the firmware.
Only thing that still does not work is FM radio. Has good reception but plays no sound.
Bluetooth streaming, aux and usb works fine tho.

Managed to set everything up according to VIN trough Lexia 3 cracked.
I believe i'll need to see a dealer for a calibration right?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Some configuration can be reset to defaults that you can't change with Diagbox as the ECU goes into secure mode. It needs online access to reconfigure the unit with paid access and a log in to resolve. A dealer is the best bet as they can configure the unit according to your vehicle options. Also a calibration for any Bluetooth echo can also be applied by them.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Lansa

Unread post by Lansa »

Alright, Thanks mate! Sorry about the upload of the firmware CD, Probably was against the rules!
Danielmcgurk1992

Unread post by Danielmcgurk1992 »

Hi there,

Appreciate this is an old post but I don't suppose someone can send me a link to download an update for the RT6 that is in my Citroen DS5 2013. It's currently version 2.75

thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

@Danielmcgurk1992: Ok, seeing as you have already got V2.75, my information suggests that with your CAN2010 DS5 you shouldn't have any issues with upgrading to V2.86, but DO follow the guide to backup your user data files as specified in the guide on the first page, just in case.

I'll send you a link via Private Message.

Marc
Lansa

Unread post by Lansa »

Dealer just told me they can't code the unit.

Odd..
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

They need to configure the RT6 as if it was a new unit. This will mean connecting to the PSA servers via Diagbox and downloading the configuration to the unit, then checking that the correct vehicle options and equipment like parking assistance type are configured afterwards for your vehicle.

They probably haven't done one before and don't know how to do it. :roll:

Marc
Lansa

Unread post by Lansa »

I have an account on servicebox, could i technically do this myself if i purchase a token.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Technically as long as you know what you're doing and this will give you access to the areas you need. I can't say for certain as I've never needed to do it myself.

Marc
Lansa

Unread post by Lansa »

Sadly after multiple dealers aswell as myself tried downloading an installing the latest calibration, the radio continues to glitch.
Must be something else that broke. Sending it in to a guy in poland who does these often.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Yes this can be an issue, hopefully they'll be able to resolve it for you.

Firmware updates can't fix internal hardware issues.

Marc
Photoman

Unread post by Photoman »

I have a 2012 Peugeot 508 RXH, the radio/satnav/bluetooth/parking sensor, a while ago started to not come on, intermittently, now it is permantly not working, will a new sd card fix this if so how do i do it please?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Try reading the first post for a start - everything you need to know is there.

However, if you now have no display or it's not working, you may have left it too late to fix, as you may not be able to read the instruction for the Mirascripts section which is needed to backup your vehicle and personal configuration settings. Without this, after installing a new MicroSD card and reinstalling the operating system as part of the process, you may end up with a factory restored unit with default settings.

That may result in incorrect language, missing options like parking assistance etc., and may necessitate a dealer visit to have the Telematic Unit ECU configured via the internet with the vehicle options.

Marc
roymarquez88

Unread post by roymarquez88 »

i had the same issue as "photoman". after a couple of attempts i have my system operating again with the guidelines in here for putting software/options/language on my rt6. but things like error messages/park sensors/navi on my orange screen in front of my steer of the car is not yet configured.
the question. is it possible to use mirascript or through analysing with an OBD to enable this? i have version 2.86 installed. it was a hassle but worked finally
everything works fine but these extra options i had before my SD crashed i don't have yet?
any extra advice would't be welcome.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Where your old SD card has not become too corrupted, that is what the Mira scripts are for, but understandably this is not always possible. Whether you lose any configuration is down to the previous firmware version you had before the replacement with 2.86.

There is nothing you can do via an OBD connection - the RT6 Head Unit ECU goes into secure mode, so Diagbox cannot resolve this without a dealer connection to their servers to download and configure the system.

There may be something in one of the Mirascripts programmes that may help, but I can't advise you on that.

Have a look here:

https://mira308sw.altervista.org/softwa ... cripts.pdf

Marc