How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Matt123

Re: Anyone have access to rneg firmware update? peugeot 3008 2012 executive

Post by Matt123 »

Hi

I am experiencing freezing of the entertainment system and would like to try to update it to the newest version to hopefully solve this issue. Can someone provide me with an update file and some instructions? Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Matt

The current system:
RNEG2.70.E.3
CD:8597
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 05 Oct 2023, 12:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Moved to the Correct RT6 Thread
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: How to Replace the Internal MicroSD Card - RT6

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@Matt123: I've moved your post here as you don't have MyWay (RNEG), you have eMyWay (RNEG2) which is a completely different unit.

There is a risk that the internal MicroSD is on the way out, so I would advise against upgrading the system with the existing card, as you could actually make it worse if this is the case.

Read the first page of this thread that details what is involved in replacing the existing card for a new one and then updating with the latest firmware. Specifically, read the parts about backing up your user configuration files using Mirascripts, as this contains the system configuration of your vehicle. Not doing so, or leaving it until the existing MicroSD fails completely, will mean you can't retrieve the data and you will very likely lose all your vehicle equipment options.

Everything you need is in the guide.

As you are coming from V2.70 firmware already, there is a good chance that the upgrade will be trouble-free, as long as you remember to backup your user data as explained in the guide and restore it after.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
308sw

Post by 308sw »

Hi

I have a 2014 mk1 Peugeot 308 with an RT6 unit. I think it's running V2.75 but takes a long time to boot up. Usually several minutes.

I understand the dealers only supply the latest version of the firmware. Would it be best to try installing the latest version (I think that's 2.86?) from a CD from the main dealer or V2.75 from a usb if anyone is able to provide me with the update please? I have mirascripts ready to read the user files (hopefully before it's too late!)

Thanks for any help you can provide
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@308SW: If you suspect the internal MicroSD card, then re-installing firmware is likely to make it worse. These cards have a limited write cycle for the Nand memory, so can only be written to so many times before it starts to cause problems / run out of usable cells.

So if you suspect the card is failing - stop using navigation and streaming music, and get a backup of your user files NOW using the Mirascripts Part A in the guide in the first post of this thread. Then if it goes toes up, you have at least got your system configuration files that you can restore later and after replacing the internal MicroSD card.

Check your Private Messages

Marc
308sw

Post by 308sw »

@GiveMeABreak thanks for your quick reply!
In addition to taking ages to boot up, when it does boot up it displays a message - something like insert update CD. Does that indicate a failing SD card?

After I have replaced the MicroSD card, which version should I install on the new one?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, it means that some of the system files are already damaged or corrupt, so get the back up done as soon as you can.

Your Vehicle is CAN2004 so V2.80 is the version that can be upgraded to without issue from the info I have - but that was a while ago and things may have changed. I've sent you a link to V2.86. But at this stage, I think you have nothing to lose as it's going to fail imminently by the looks of it.

Marc
308sw

Post by 308sw »

@GiveMeABreak can you send me the link to v2.80 please?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I don't have that version, hence the link to the latest after that.

Marc
308sw

Post by 308sw »

Is it ok to start the engine, wait for the rt6 to boot up and then plug in the usb drive with mirascripts on it to read the settings?

Or does the usb drive have to be plugged in before the engine is started?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Best to start the engine let it boot then insert the USB. It may come up with an error message to start with like 'No Media Found', which is OK as it is looking for MP3 files to play. Once you cancel that if it appears, it should detect the scripts and run.

Marc
308sw

Post by 308sw »

So the RT6 appears to be bootlooping. @GiveMeABreak do you have version 2.75 as that is what is on there?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sorry, as V2.75 I think was a factory version not released. You should be able to go to 2.80 without issue, but that assumes there are no current issues with the system.

If you can't get it working now, and can't take a backup of your user data using Mirascripts, then I would suggest you have nothing to lose, so let me know if you want V2.80

Marc
308sw

Post by 308sw »

It's just restarting so unable to backup using mirascripts. If you could send me v2.80 for my 2014 mk1 Peugeot 308 then that would be appreciated.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Check your Private Messages.

Marc
308sw

Post by 308sw »

Would you be able to say where the files that mirascripts backs up are, so that I could remove the faulty sd card and copy the files onto my laptop?

Then if the equipment in the car doesn't work after installing the software on a new sd card, I may be able to remove the new sd card and copy the files onto it and then put it back in the RT6. Do you think this could work?