OK WHO is going to France next month for the 100 ?

A place to discuss any upcoming meets, club rallies and general get togethers.

Moderator: RichardW

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

OK WHO is going to France next month for the 100 ?

Post by Stickyfinger »

Who is going....we need to meet-up
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
dave

Re: OK WHO is going to France next month for the 100 ?

Post by dave »

the 100 what...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

100 years of Citroen.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

I'd like to go but I don't think I can afford it. I'll have to try and sell something!!
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

A kidney?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Now there's an idea :rofl2: I don't think anyone would want one of mine :-D :-D I have two bikes and a car which I need to sell so hopefully one of them will go!! :-D
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)

Post by van ordinaire »

Didn't I say somewhere I was going (albeit against my better judgment)?

Anyway that's the idea - if only I could get some tickets.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club :cry:
'05 C15 :!:
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate [-o<
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3 :?
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS :|
& the numerous "abandoned projects" #-o
myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren »

I rather think that you need to contact Philip Chidlow, possbly through the CCC or here - You need to sign up for that :(

Failing that then Trainman may be able to help.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

van ordinaire wrote: 18 Jun 2019, 18:38 Didn't I say somewhere I was going (albeit against my better judgment)?

Anyway that's the idea - if only I could get some tickets.

I fer you may be to late to "get inside" now, outside parking/day visits are soon to be announced.

https://citroencc.com/citroencc-english.php
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)

Post by van ordinaire »

The advance tickets ARE still available but only for the whole 3 days (which I can't do) - & outrageously expensive (or so I thought). Since my earlier post, the day tickets have become available but, at first blush, applying for them seems something of a performance just to get into the public carpark. Beginning to wish I'd not bought the ferry tickets, now.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

That sounds like I definitely can't afford it unless I do sell the kidney!! :-D Maybe the ferry company will let you change dates to a different occasion, weekend in Spa perhaps? :?:
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)

Post by van ordinaire »

Hmmmm, my ferry agents ARE very good at changing dates, times, etc - but whether they could work the oracle & change the crossing & ferry operator I'm not so sure. Might as well go along for the ride, even if I am going to be on the outside looking in, rather than participating. Still think it's odd that there's no designated Citroen parking - a sort of 1/2-way house if you like BUT, of course, this is France we're talking about.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
Michel
(Donor 2022)

Post by Michel »

van ordinaire wrote: 22 Jun 2019, 23:05 The advance tickets ARE still available but only for the whole 3 days (which I can't do) - & outrageously expensive (or so I thought). Since my earlier post, the day tickets have become available but, at first blush, applying for them seems something of a performance just to get into the public carpark. Beginning to wish I'd not bought the ferry tickets, now.

I'm not sure I'd class €30 for the whole 3 days outrageously expensive, or €12 for a day pass... it's pretty good value compared to any comparable event over here! *Very* good value if you're a family and kids under 12 are free...
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)

Post by van ordinaire »

If it was only €30 I would've been quite happy even though I could only go for the weekend - but when I went onto the site the price was €124!
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
van ordinaire
(Donor 2017)

Post by van ordinaire »

Soooooh, who did go? There were only a handful of cars I recognised but then I reckon a good 1/2 of the British cars were Tractions.

Only got back about 5:45 this morning - & needed to be at work by 9:00, mais “Non, je ne regrette rien”

Idly looking at my tickets in the ferry queue I noticed there was no address, just the location - & that wasn't immediately obviously the name of a town. Just what I meant about French organisation BUT needn't have worried, TomTom plotted a route there & with about 6 miles to go the main road was closed & we were directed towards the event (tough for locals & anyone with a different destination). Ended up in a car park a bus-ride away, literally, so once I'd had a preliminary look round, set off on a little recce: discovered a sign opposite the main vehicle entrance to car-park "C1" (I was in "C8"!) AND the name of the road the entrance was in. Back through the venue & the town to the bus stop where I was lucky enough to get on a bus within a few minutes. Back in the C15, punched the street name into TomTom &, undoubtedly assisted my being in a disreputable Citroen van when negotiating anything short of a police road block (if I get another white one I think I'll call it "Cart Blanche"), quite soon found myself exactly where I wanted to be; never did find C1 though, so just parked on the verge among the Visas. The next morning they all parked respectful (safe?) distance away; true many were GTi's & Chronos - but, mercifully, that kind of snobbery is entirely absent among the Visa Forum here! So I managed to blag my way into the show, albeit on the outskirts (but in good company: the opposite verge was all BX's & Xantias). They should have been really pleased, apart from the one from La Conseratoire, mine seemed to be the only one - among 1,000's of Citroens, some of which were very rare. Quite late on the Sunday I went back to where I was parked, only to find another white one, with UK plates parked next to it. 2 years older, much nicer specimen, pre-booked - but where had it been all weekend? Couple of hours later, it was gone! Booked on a sensible time ferry I wouldn't wonder.

All in all, a great w/e - despite my original misgivings or finding anything of real use/interest in the jumble, still there's always Citro-Retro in September.
'96 Cadillac Eldorado