RNEG - trip computer

This unit is the MyWay system, also referred to as RNEG, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: Also referred to as RNEG, the MyWay colour satellite navigation system, has SD card, integrated European mapping, live trafic information, voice guidance and graphics in 2D or aerial perspective & it features a Bluetooth® system (Bluetooth phone compatibility only - no Bluetooth Audio Streaming).

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: RNEG - trip computer

Post by GiveMeABreak »

@Parabol: If you have Diagbox, if you can go into the RNEG configuration and screen print each screen showing he options, I can compare these to what you should have based on the options fitted to your C4 Picasso from your VIN which you have provided. I can then at least see if there is something that looks incorrect. The issue is some of the settings are different between both the vehicles and the marques these units are fitted to as they handle data output differently - so some settings that look as though they should be activated should not be, as it has a different meaning in the contexts of each vehicle.

Attach the screen shots here using the full post editor and I'll have a check for you.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Parabol

Post by Parabol »

The car comes from France and who knows what happened there.
I have a Diagbox, so I will take these screenshots but probably tomorrow. Thanks. The one thing is that I have disabled wheel pressure sensors as at least one of them was missing and I because of that error was displayed. This was too much for me as many other errors were constantly appearing and driving was very stressful. However, issues were fixed and now there are no errors anymore :). Of course this underinflation option change had no influence on lack of trip computer.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well I can at least advise you what the correct configuration is for the vehicle and whther that will help or not I don't know - but at least you will know the settings are correct.

Marc
Parabol

Post by Parabol »

I've just taken some photos from Diagbox. Hopefully the right ones. First of all here are some things that may be important.
BSI identification:
IMG_20221007_224733.jpg
Some errors in BSI:
IMG_20221007_222919.jpg
Telematic unit not recognized and radio not present. This is strange:
IMG_20221007_222957.jpg
After entering telematic unit I see this. I did not try to go deeper at this time:
IMG_20221007_230655.jpg
BSI ECUS present:
IMG_20221007_225310.jpg
IMG_20221007_225320_1.jpg
IMG_20221007_225353.jpg
IMG_20221007_225411.jpg
BSI driving comfort as it also seemed to be interesting:
IMG_20221007_230041.jpg
IMG_20221007_230055.jpg
IMG_20221007_230105.jpg
IMG_20221007_230120.jpg
Once again thank you for help.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

First you need to change the Telematic unit to RADIONAV_RNEG.

Apply the changes, exit Diagbox turn off ignition and then see if this resolves the issue. If not please read the private message I am sending you concerning this.

Marc
Parabol

Post by Parabol »

You probably think about three options after entering "unrecognized" telematic unit? I am not sure but they did not look like something to set but I think that just all possible options were shown as telematic unit was not recognized. I probably can enter each of these submenus. However, yesterday I did not try as car went into eco mode already and as far as I remember there was notification that it cannot be in eco.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You MUST set the telematic unit to RADIONAV_RNEG. At present it thinks there is an RD4 radio that has been set (Radio). This must not be set to present if a telematics unit is present like the RADIONAV_RNEG.

There are a lot of configuration settings for the RNEG - I have these, but cannot tell you what other options are incorrectly set in the actual BSI at present for the reasons in my PM.

Marc
Parabol

Post by Parabol »

Ok, I will try to set RNEG. Maybe I will find this somewhere. At the moment in the driving comfort RD4 is set. Should I disable that option if it is even possible? It Is strange that there is no RNEG there to set while RD4 is there.

P.S. Now I noticed that "telematic unit or radio navigation" option which is absent. I assume that it should be set to present.
Last edited by Parabol on 08 Oct 2022, 12:32, edited 1 time in total.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It won't be until you have set RADIONAV_RNEG to be present as in screenshot number 4.

Marc
Parabol

Post by Parabol »

Today I tried to set "Radio" to absent and "Telematic unit or Radio navigation" to present in BSI ECUS (screenshot number 6). I also tried to switch to off RD4 on screenshot 12. These changes made no difference. Everything worked as earlier. That was strange because I assumed that I may loose some functions like radio but it was always ok. I also entered RADIONAV_RNEG (screenshot 4) but there was nothing interesting there.
What is strange to me is that I was always advised to switch on "trip computer" option in BSI but I have looked for it many times and there is no such option anywhere. I will expect it in ECUS present but it is not there.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You already had the section to change the system to the RADIONAV_RNEG in the screenshot. Make sure you choose this one and not RNEG2010 which is for RT6 units.

You will need to make sure you are in BSI manual configuration mode to do this - but I just noticed you are using Diagbox V9.**. As far as I'm aware you cannot telecode (make any configuration changes) with this version without paid tokens and a log in to PSA servers.

You are better off with Diagbox Version 7.62 (don't go higher) for the age of your car that supports vehicles at least to January 2015. Past this version manual configuration becomes restricted.

Marc
Parabol

Post by Parabol »

These three options are shown after I enter ECU not recognized option (screenshot 3). However, it is not something that I can set. For me it is like "I do not know your ECU so I will show all possible submenus". I can enter any of these and change some things but not change system itself.
Concerning Diagbox it looks that I can change settings because I did some and it seems that it is ok. For example I set FAP replacement and Eolys fill. I have also changed some telematics and radio settings as described before but without any visible results.
However, I have somewhere version 7.xx so I can check it too. As far as I remember it looked a bit different but in the end settings were the same. Still maybe it is worth a try.
Is it possible that my car simply does not have trip computer? Were such versions?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, but I was referring to 'Configuration', which is different to maintenance operations like resetting the additive ECU and things like that. There is a difference. It really depends on the version you have, the vehicle and the ECU itself as to whether it is locked in secure mode.

Marc
Parabol

Post by Parabol »

Ok. I will check version 7.57, because I have it installed and I know that it is working properly. As far as I remember in this version I also could not find trip computer option to configure but maybe it will bring something new to proper RNEG configuration. When I was using it for the last time I was focused on finding "trip computer" as many people suggested. I did not look to much on telematics/radio settings.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Forget anything to do with the trip computer for now, just focus on setting the RADIONAV_RNEG in the BSI. You will need to be extremely careful here as changing anything here can leave the vehicle non-operational if you change an option not correct for your vehicle.

Have a read here for warnings first and take a note of any existing value before chaging as there is NO undo option.

viewtopic.php?t=60600

Marc