Favourite colours for cars

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Re: Favourite colours for cars

Unread post by MattBLancs »

Additional elements
Additional elements
That 500 Abarth commonly towed by a camper van I reckon!

Twingo rear door handles are doing the Alfa 156 trick, think that was first car that did it?? Become a common thing now - Seat Leon, Honda Civic, a Toyota (maybe that weird Urban Cruiser thing??)

Gilbern looks lovely, even the fairly modern alloy wheels look in keeping some how. Interesting things, not hear much about them until maybe a couple of years ago. Ford V6?
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

NewcastleFalcon wrote: 24 Aug 2023, 19:07 This stimulated a shutter click today. Don't think I have seen a C1 in this shade before.

Neil
The closest C1 colour that comes up on a quick search!! :-D
BFTW
BFTW
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
NewcastleFalcon

Unread post by NewcastleFalcon »

That looks close MIck. This colour also turned up for the C1 which may well be a contender...Jelly Berry Definitely not the usual more common bright Scarlet Rouge
Screenshot
Screenshot
I think the car was a special "feel edition"

From 2016 (translated from original Spanish)
The smallest of Citroën's urban utility vehicles, the C1, receives news for this summer. From the outset, the brand of the chevrons expands the palette of colors available for the body with a new shade, called Jelly Berry Opaco, which comes to be a kind of cherry color. In addition, it also increases the endowment of the Feel Edition finish, available in both 5-door sedan version, and in the Airscape convertible.
Neil

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

I quite like that Jelly Berry shade :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I could happily post this all over the forum on many different threads as it is an example of one of my most desired cars ever. Sadly I only ever got to drive a friend's one and never able to afford one myself. The way things are going, short of a lottery win, I fear that is one dream which will remain out of reach, however nowadays I'm not so sure I could get in and out of one anyway!! For me this is the best colour of them all :-D
MTMO
MTMO
NewcastleFalcon

Oranges and quite pale Lemons but absolutely gorgeous...

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

With this car, gorgeous in any colour.
DSC04855.JPG
DSC04856.JPG
Classic marina door handles
Classic marina door handles
DSC04867.JPG
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Following on from Maurice's "Mallard" link on POTD this morning, I discover that Mallard Green is indeed a colour which was used on Citroens, and possibly some other manufacturers vehicles.

Back in 2010 on the FCF member "Diabolical" started a thread thus...
Diabolical wrote: 10 Aug 2010, 21:34 I'm thinking of respraying my CX to what I think is Mallard Green.
I have seen a Xantia estate in my area a few times thats a luvly green I'm guessing thats what it is.
Can somebody out post a pic if they have a Mallard Green Cit?
Well come on then FCF Faithful Class of 2023...let's have a mallard green cit pic,. No spoonfeeding from me, the challenge has been laid down...

Neil

PS...After reading through what was an interesting thread with many replies from some of the heavyweight citroen experts on here at the time, the original seemingly simple request was not answered.
Maybe the "Mallard" was a colloquial name but not an official colour. One person identified the official code as KRK (vert libellule) but that translates as Dragonfly Green thus
https://www.activa-club.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/28a6ox.jpg
https://www.activa-club.fr/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/28a6ox.jpg
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Definitely an MG Colour!
http://www.classiccarhub.co.uk/tech/mg-paint-colours.html
http://www.classiccarhub.co.uk/tech/mg-paint-colours.html

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Hang on a moment, let's rewind a little on Xantia's and Mallard Green, a shade which I can't find listed anywhere on the world wide web...apart from the Original FCF thread I have already referred to, which patently failed to come up with an example.

Well, has the Citroen Car Club come up with a very surprising bit of information and a boatload of extensive pictures from one of our currently active FCF members, and furthermore since finding that out David gave it an outing on his blog on this very forum.

Step forward David....
DHallworth wrote: 18 May 2014, 22:31 Well the Mallard Green Xantia V6 is no more. It went to it's new home on Saturday morning. Pretty much everything was saved.
dh original posted on fcf
dh original posted on fcf
From April 2014
David Hallworth...Xantia V6 Exclusive Breaking...(Picture Heavy!) thread on CCC forum.
Car is Mallard Green with the cream leather interior. Car has covered 122k miles.
Engine, Gearbox and anything V6 specific are already spoken for...Since pictures speak a thousand words, here's a load of them...
Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 23 Sep 2023, 09:37, edited 2 times in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

What is the Mallard known as in French Le Colvert. (Col= Collar Vert-Green)

And yes we have a colour described as Bleu Col Vert , not that the pics of our Mallard Green Xantia give an appearance of blue.
https://code.peinturevoiture.fr/3400.html
https://code.peinturevoiture.fr/3400.html
Le Canard Colvert

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
NewcastleFalcon

Vert Vega produced this list of some Citroen Greens some time ago on the FCF, there are many more, back in 2013
VertVega wrote: 05 Apr 2013, 19:28 Did you check the drivers door sill to see the sticker which has the paint code (as well as the tyre pressures).
It should be 4 letters/numbers and the first 3 letters identifies the paint code.
Since your car is also a green color like mine then it should be a variety of VERT (green) something.
Some examples of Citroen greens :mrgreen:
KQA Amazon Green KQD Sage Green KQH Emerald Green KQM Palm Green KQT Cool Green KQV Innsbruck Green KQZ Gage Green KRC Calypaso Green KRK Mallard Green KRS Cool Green KRU Woodland Green KRX Bora Bora Green KRZ Rainforest KSD Pentland Green KSN Evergreen KSR Aqua Green KSY Pizzaz Green KTC Iridis LQF Absinthe Green LQH Icelandic Green LQJ Normandy Green LQQ Olive Green LQR Metal Green LQS Nova Green...
This is a KRK, and unless the UK did a very bad translation, its Dragonfly Green and not Mallard Green although it would seem that KRK has perhaps picked up that label.

KRK Vert Libellule literal translation Dragonfly Green Many photos in Rodrigo's album on the car here https://www.flickr.com/photos/rkfotos/a ... 8832748094

ImageKRK Vert Libellule Macre Met 1998 Citroën Xantia II SX 2.0 16v by Rodrigo Kurmen Figueroa, on Flickr

Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

I wonder if it picked up that name because if you pronounce KRK as a word it sounds a bit like a duck!! :-D
NewcastleFalcon

These always seem well-turned out with a few striking colours, and of course you can still identify them at night with
their characteristic detached chevron rear lights.
Falcon Original
Falcon Original
Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Unread post by Gibbo2286 »

I like this one, parked outside my p;ace at the weekend, a pretty Renault.
Attachments
pretty Cit.JPG
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)