Peugeot RT4/5 Update Problem

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Peugeot RT4/5 Update Problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It's simply because a major firmware update changes some of the RT* ECU parameters back to default values - which are easily fixed with Diagbox / Lexia / PP2000 without the need for Mirascripts.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
AleksandrV
New User

Post by AleksandrV »

Calin009 wrote: 28 Feb 2018, 15:37 Hi

I ve updated the system from a new genuine 8.31 Peugeot CD....now the system does not function anymore. It asks for the Update CD and the process begins again

The error is : Error during flasher loading. The update was done with engine running ...no issues when it was in progress.

What do I have to do now ?!

It s a RT4 407 coupe , earlier version 7.01
Hello! Did you solve the problem? I have a similar situation on RT5.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Th CD lens on these units ages really quickly - not so bad for reading music files, but for data this can be really bad.

These older units don't have a USB, but I believe a cable can be obtained from the Peugeot dealers specifically (not Citroen). Depending on your existing firmware version you may have the USB functionality, but not for V7.*.

I think V8.11 has the USB functionality - which if you then copy the update CD onto the USB you may be ale to install it that way.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc