Yes it's definitely fit for saving, sadly the injectors I have in the garage are actually 130 BAR not 175 but out of interest I swapped number 2 over anyway (that one made little difference to idle when cracked off) and the misfire has improved, smoke at idle nearly gone but replaced by smoke under load/revs now so suggests to me that the injectors are a good part of the problem.
I'll have to grab the proper items next time we get to the scrapyard & test with those, unless I can get rebuild kits cheaply for the ones in the car... Know of a source? (I opened up the one I removed and there's a hint of water having been in there at some point, very slightly stained in parts)
I do have reservations about the turbo given the amount of oil in the intake when I was messing with injectors but as yet I haven't popped off any other hoses. there was more than a misting but it wasn't exactly running out, the turbo is louder than maybe it ought to be though so if I get a chance I'll get right under and see how hard it is to pop a hose off the actual turbo.
There's a few niggles around the airbag system (currently bypassed) which I suspect is linked to the non-functioning radio controls on the steering wheel, central locking needs a couple of solenoids looked at and plip re-synched and the air con is bypassed which I forgot to ask about. I'd imagine it was done due to pump bearings/electro clutch but will ask Les to confirm. Still well pleased with the car, and once moving it pulled like a train on a quick test up the private driveway *ahem*