P.E.Jukebox your selections please

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16266
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 539

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by myglaren » 15 Sep 2019, 11:31

Mick wrote:You are missing out Steve but in sympathy with STMBO!!
Not sure what you mean there - I have no partner any more but she was equally anti-sport, if that was what was intended.
Never liked, watched or participated in sports.

User avatar
mickthemaverick
donor 2019
Posts: 631
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 182

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by mickthemaverick » 15 Sep 2019, 11:39

myglaren wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 11:31
Mick wrote:You are missing out Steve but in sympathy with STMBO!!
Not sure what you mean there ......
I was referring to my STMBO Steve, who has no interest in sport at all and doesn't understand the thrill I get from it. Sorry if you misread my ambiguous wording, however forgetting the sport itself there is still some great music to be found around the sporting world and hopefully you will find something you like in the theme. :)

User avatar
mickthemaverick
donor 2019
Posts: 631
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 182

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by mickthemaverick » 15 Sep 2019, 11:48

The Bond scene I was referring to:


User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16266
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 539

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by myglaren » 15 Sep 2019, 12:00

mickthemaverick wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 11:39
myglaren wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 11:31
Mick wrote:You are missing out Steve but in sympathy with STMBO!!
Not sure what you mean there ......
I was referring to my STMBO Steve, who has no interest in sport at all and doesn't understand the thrill I get from it. Sorry if you misread my ambiguous wording, however forgetting the sport itself there is still some great music to be found around the sporting world and hopefully you will find something you like in the theme. :)
Thanks for the clarification Mick. There is no-one in our quite expansive family that follows sport, apart from my two sons who like motorbike racing and downhill racing.

There is nothing that would induce me to have any association with it but I have heard snippets when it has been on TVs of friends houses, hence my knowing about dressage and The Chain but that is pretty much the extent of it.

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 8636
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 571

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 15 Sep 2019, 13:08

Well done Mick, when I googled Bond Aquarium I got this

Image

REgards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 15 Sep 2019, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
mickthemaverick
donor 2019
Posts: 631
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 182

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by mickthemaverick » 15 Sep 2019, 13:39

NewcastleFalcon wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 13:08
Well done Mick, when I googles Bond Aquarium I got this

Image

REgards Neil
:rofl2: :rofl2:

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16266
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 539

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by myglaren » 15 Sep 2019, 13:57

mickthemaverick wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 11:48
The Bond scene I was referring to:

I must have seen that but can't remember it.

User avatar
mickthemaverick
donor 2019
Posts: 631
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 182

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by mickthemaverick » 15 Sep 2019, 14:18

To help jog your memory Steve, here's a rather more famous scene from the same film which does have a lot of Marvin Hamlisch's (substituting for John Barry who was unavailable for this film) work as accompaniment:



For me the best of the Roger Moore films though I have to confess to being a Connery fan!!

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16266
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 539

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by myglaren » 15 Sep 2019, 14:20

I do have vague recollections of the Esprit and should remember Mrs (Lady) Starkey.

User avatar
mickthemaverick
donor 2019
Posts: 631
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 182

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by mickthemaverick » 15 Sep 2019, 14:29

myglaren wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 14:20
I do have vague recollections of the Esprit and should remember Mrs (Lady) Starkey.
Why is it that whatever theme we follow on here we always end up with a connection to The Beatles? :-D :-D

User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 16266
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 14:30
x 539

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by myglaren » 15 Sep 2019, 14:51

I read a forum called Quora, America-centric and there is an enormous Beatles following there.
I'd have thought they would be practically forgotten by now.
Very influential even now.

User avatar
mickthemaverick
donor 2019
Posts: 631
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 182

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by mickthemaverick » 15 Sep 2019, 15:26

myglaren wrote:
15 Sep 2019, 14:51
I read a forum called Quora, America-centric and there is an enormous Beatles following there.
I'd have thought they would be practically forgotten by now.
Very influential even now.
As a fan I have always wondered if the death of John Lennon kind of immortalised the legend of The Beatles. There is no doubt that they had a far greater and wider influence on British culture than any other music group. On a par with Shakespeare, Dickens and Enid Blyton :-D as regards influencing my generation {the people not the track :) }

User avatar
van ordinaire
donor 2017
Posts: 2367
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 14:45
x 213

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by van ordinaire » 16 Sep 2019, 01:43

(a) I don't do/like/undertsand sports
(b) I've completely lost the thread
so, best I can do is:-
I Don't like Cricket - 10cc
Keep on Runnin' - Spencer Davis
Everyone plays Darts - Darts

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 8636
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 571

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 16 Sep 2019, 09:19

Anyone want to give Chrissy Hynde's new stuff a chance...

Bit of a Chanson here, this is the French Car Forum after all



Regards Neil

User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 8636
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 11:40
x 571

Re: P.E.Jukebox your selections please

Post by NewcastleFalcon » 16 Sep 2019, 09:32

If you want something more challenging try this. Jazzy Chaos and Tension. First hearing...yes....excellent.



Regards Neil