Davie's french attraction.

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

Northern_Mike

Re: Davie's french attraction.

Post by Northern_Mike »

And got your dreams back :)......agree, easy give up
I didn't suffer that so much as the same recurring dream that I was being involved in a plane crash, or seeing one happen from the outside.

Now I just dream normal stuff, like my recent one about killing and eating Russell Brand, minced in burgers.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

I'm running further south :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dogger
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Northern_Mike wrote: Now I just dream normal stuff, like my recent one about killing and eating Russell Brand, minced in burgers.
Oh yes, perfectly normal, that :rofl2: :rofl2:

Dreams can be remarkably bizarre and nothing to worry about. It's the healthy minds' way of filing away the day...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Post by daviemck2006 »

Right. Off of my heath and wondering if I'm gonna be a druggie or not and back to cars. The 205 is still in bits at my daughters house waiting for my son in law to be able to rebuild it. No change there. I at the moment am stranded waiting for the AA to come and see if they can get this pile of ford poo to go again. I was just beginning ro have a bit of confidence in it after all the stuff that's been done to it. It's days with me are now numbered. I expect I shall lose out when it goes. I have never had such a bad run of luck as I have had recently. I am thoroughly pissed off right now.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

CitroJim wrote: Dreams can be remarkably bizarre and nothing to worry about. It's the healthy minds' way of filing away the day...
Sadly or not, depending on your viewpoint, I can assure you my day didn't involve killing and eating Russell Brand.

The worst part of my dream wasn't that... it was the feeling that I was going to get caught and sent down forever, but no one seemed to notice he'd gone missing...

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Post by Stickyfinger »

Northern_Mike wrote: but no one seemed to notice he'd gone missing...
I wouldn't
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dogger
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Post by daviemck2006 »

Even I would eat Russell Brand right now, even if he is a scrawny git with nothing good about him.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

The only remotely decent thing he's done recently has been to interview Ed Miliband. Regardless of your politics, if this has encouraged the disenchanted to take some sort of interest in politics and vote, whichever way they vote, it can only be a good thing..

Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

daviemck2006 wrote:Right. Off of my heath and wondering if I'm gonna be a druggie or not and back to cars. The 205 is still in bits at my daughters house waiting for my son in law to be able to rebuild it. No change there. I at the moment am stranded waiting for the AA to come and see if they can get this pile of ford poo to go again. I was just beginning ro have a bit of confidence in it after all the stuff that's been done to it. It's days with me are now numbered. I expect I shall lose out when it goes. I have never had such a bad run of luck as I have had recently. I am thoroughly pissed off right now.
This is a bad thing. Any ideas what's wrong with it Davie? I hope you get it sorted soon enough. Might be worth sticking with it, the amount of work you've had done to it now..
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Post by daviemck2006 »

The fuel had all ran back into the tank, it had been parked at my mates house for 3 hours. The primer bulb wouldn't pick the fuel up. Once Mr aa got the fuel through with a bigger pump it went ok. It's now been sitting at the house for an hour. I shall try starting it later tonight if I can be arsed.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Post by daviemck2006 »

I was feeling okay yesterday so decided to change oil and filter, and the engine mount which was an advisory at recent mot. I duly put it up on the ramps, looked out my tools, went under and put my bucket underneath and removed sump plug. Went into the shed for oil and filter, back round to drive. AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGGG,!!!!!!
Flipping bucket has a hole in it. Big puddle of black used diesel oil all over my lock block. I've had a few motors since moving here, changed a few oils and not yet dropped oil. Any motor that drops oil does not get into the drive. I have mopped it up, poured anything on it that I thought might clean it, including bilgex designed for boats engine rooms and can't move it. Any ideas how to move it? I an considering picking the blocks out and putting them in upside down. Might make things worse though?Image
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Post by daviemck2006 »

Shaun is just home after a day spanner in on the 205 with his Bro in law who is nearly mobile following his crash. They have split the gearbox off the knackered 1.6 engine and all the other parts they need off it. Then they took the head off the 1.6 and replacing the engine would be the correct move. Two pistons marked, one cracked and one bore scored. 3 valves bent to the naked eye, possibly more. Camshaft broken. He has ordered a new clutch, water pump, I think he said oil pump, camel, and gaskets. His thinking is the clutch is about 1/2 done, but while in there a new one was only £60, and all the other bits adds up to nearly £200. His doner engine has carbs, so they are going with that. So he will have a 1.6 gti with a 1.9 carb engine. I would have preferred it standard, but they have a free hand to do what they feel best. Hopefully not too long before I get a go in it again!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

daviemck2006 wrote:..think he said oil pump, camel
I hope it's a Saudi Arabian one. Those French ones are rubbish, as he's clearly learnt..

As for doner engine.. is this a Turkish one?

Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Northern_Mike wrote:
daviemck2006 wrote:..think he said oil pump, camel
I hope it's a Saudi Arabian one. Those French ones are rubbish, as he's clearly learnt..

As for doner engine.. is this a Turkish one?

I hope that it is a Ye Babam Ye Special. I can finish one off, but only if I am feeling famished.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Post by daviemck2006 »

Bloody autocorrect on the tablet lol. I mean cambelt! I did smoke once and could have used camels!!!!! He took the doner home for tea. I say it's a really healthy food for me. No carbohydrate is good for a diabetic[FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY][FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY] don't know about the fat content though!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2