Shipping a laptop

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Xaccers

Shipping a laptop

Post by Xaccers »

I've got a laptop that Allan has been patiently waiting ages for, and I can't find any suitable boxes to put it in.
The post offices I've been to have boxes that are either way too small or too large.
I was hoping to empty an old Toshiba laptop box but I'm no longer able to use that.

Any ideas where I could pick one up?
I've got plenty of bubble wrap, and the laptop is a 15" screen, by about 2" thick
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
MonkeyMark

Re: Shipping a laptop

Post by MonkeyMark »

What cant a couple of normal boxes from the likes of aldi. But and tape to suit the size required. Plenty of bubble wrap and tape, it'll be fine.
Happy(ish) C8 owner.
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Post by DickieG »

Loads of boxes available in Costco :wink:
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
14 BMW 535D Tourer
19 BMW i3s
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
dnsey

Post by dnsey »

Banana boxes are about the right size, and pretty strong.
Slot together four bits of corrugated card 'noughts & crosses style' to hold the laptop centrally in the box, and fill the voids with bubblewrap.
KP

Post by KP »

Wrap it up in bubble wrap nice and thick. then just cut the box's to size and go overboard with the brown tape.

As long as the outside is suitably hard enough and the inside covered in as much bubble wrap or foam bits as possible you need not worry.

Collect+ are good for things like this as well to get it shipped quick and easy :)
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xac, I have a couple of genuine laptop boxes here, complete with packing. They might do for the job...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers

Post by Xaccers »

CitroJim wrote:Xac, I have a couple of genuine laptop boxes here, complete with packing. They might do for the job...
Perfect Jim, can I pop over this weekend? I'm up at Formula1 getting new tyres Saturday morning.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote:
CitroJim wrote:Xac, I have a couple of genuine laptop boxes here, complete with packing. They might do for the job...
Perfect Jim, can I pop over this weekend? I'm up at Formula1 getting new tyres Saturday morning.
That'll be perfect. I'll be helping Chris fight his wheel bearings then and on Sunday I'm off to see dad...

I'll have the kettle on....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Rhothgar
Donor 2023

Shipping a laptop

Post by Rhothgar »

Either Jim's freebie or a Corrvu laptop box. We have some in stock but they are £7 a piece.

They're ingenious. It suspends the laptop in something that looks like cling film but it's tougher.
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo »

I'd get jgra to package it. His cobbled boxes have travelled thousands of miles without damage to the contents.