Xac's adventures with Cassy (and friends + wife)

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
Xaccers

Re: Xac's adventures with Cassy (and friends + wife)

Unread post by Xaccers »

Swung by Perry's, not sure I like what they've done with their interior.
Walked out with the spring and guide, no clutch pedal cover nor big O-ring (they had the small one for the ford sections on the pump but I may have given them the wrong number).
So, they are ordering both types of clutch pedal rubber and the right O-ring so hopefully they will arrive Friday.
1.9TD+ SX Xantia Estate (Cassy) running on 100% veg
1.9TD SX Xantia Hatchback (Jenny) running on 100% veg for sale
Laguna II 2.0dCi Privilege (Monty)

DIY sphere tool
Xaccers

Unread post by Xaccers »

Checked my credit card statement online and they charged me for the clutch pedal cover despite not ordering it!
Will have words when I go in on Saturday (had to phone them today to order a new stud for the cam belt tensioner - whomever changed it last really did a bodge job).

DIY sphere tool
Xaccers

Unread post by Xaccers »

Popped to Perry's earlier today and picked up the stud, big O-ring and pedal rubber.
I pointed out that I'd been over charged, he looked at my invoice on their system and saw the pedal rubber hadn't been in then hence why it wasn't on my printed invoice.

So, Cassy has a new clutch pedal rubber and Jenny has a new cambelt! :)
Also replaced her LHM with hydroflush and replaced her gearbox oil.

I took the hydraulic pump off and it looks like the big O-ring is leaking, there was a pool of LHM on the alternator body.
With the pump off I can't get enough force on the bolts which hold the bell end on, so that will have to wait until I can pop round to Jim's and use a vice.

Next it'll be a service, then the new panels can go on the front, and MoT :)

DIY sphere tool
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

I use an impact driver on the pump fasteners (Koken; it has a 3/8" square drive).

BTW the not-listed forward O ring for the pump is easy to get from bearing houses, and I have been told the front seal (which lives by the Rule of Murphy in context of adjacent repairs) is nothing fancy either. I replaced the paper pump gasket with a smear of ThreeBond 1211, figuring that it's stresses were not unlike motorbike rocker covers...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

Xac wrote: With the pump off I can't get enough force on the bolts which hold the bell end on, so that will have to wait until I can pop round to Jim's and use a vice.
Xac, although I'm busy today getting ready to go to Somerset, you're welcome to pop round but give me a quick call first....
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers

Unread post by Xaccers »

CitroJim wrote:
Xac wrote: With the pump off I can't get enough force on the bolts which hold the bell end on, so that will have to wait until I can pop round to Jim's and use a vice.
Xac, although I'm busy today getting ready to go to Somerset, you're welcome to pop round but give me a quick call first....
Thank you Jim, but I've got to go to Luton today.

DIY sphere tool
Xaccers

Unread post by Xaccers »

Well, Juliet is taxed.
Had a set to with the bloke over the road who crashed into Jenny while she was parked on the lower section of our drive.
Really wish I'd not been such a nice neighbour in the first place and gone through his insurance.
Said I wanted £75 for the bumper I got off the car Roger and I stripped, he said he'd only pay £50, so I said fine, I'll go through insurance, they'll write the car off, I'll be quids in, you'll lose your no claims bonus and have higher premiums.
He followed me over while I went to work on Jenny, and asked of both cars are SORN, I said yes, he said well the silver one is illegally parked on the highway. Now as far as we've been informed that section is the lower part of our drive, and the pavement runs across it, but with his threats of reporting Juliet I'd rather not have taken the risk, so knowing she'd pass an MoT with a new set of tyres, I popped in to find her log book, checked online and found her MoT runs out later this month so renewed her tax online.
I need her taxed anyway so I can take her over to Jim's and get her bodywork fixed so it's not a big deal.
Maybe I should park her on the road in front of his house ;)

Anyway and extra £4 has got me his inurance policy details so I'll be going ahead with a claim.

Anyway, I have a 1725 belt of Jenny, and it just won't go on!
Really really frustrating!
The eccentric tensioner is loose, the belt is seated properly on all the other pulleys, but I just need 1mm more to get it onto the hydraulic pump pulley.

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

That's a dreadful attitude from your neighbour Xac :( Clearly a person full of kindness and compassion. Bet he/she's a real barrel of laughs....

Get Juliet over when you can (and I have some serious free time (some time in the summer of 2015 by the look of things :twisted: ) and We'll set-to on her..
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Xaccers

Unread post by Xaccers »

Well I will be contacting Citroen and another body repair shop to get estimates for a replacement brand new bumper, respray and fitting and submitting that as my claim.

DIY sphere tool
Xaccers

Unread post by Xaccers »

Got back late this afternoon, Juliet's still there, she's now fitted with a tax disc so at least I can move her if needs be.
She does need new front tyres though, had a look on Black Circles, £140 for the ones I want but I can't find any discount codes that work, they're now doing Tesco clubcard points now.
I swung by ECP and picked up a 1740 belt which fits nice and snug, also topped up the hydroflush so will change her oil and bleed the brakes, then it's panels back on and MoT time.
Couple of weekends should do it.

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Excellent news Xac :-D
Jim

Xaccers

Unread post by Xaccers »

Well as a turn up for the books, chap from over the road caught me as I got home and gave me a cheque for £75.
He was polite and cool headed, seemed like a nice fellow so hopefully he's actually someone who blows his stack then quickly cools down (I know I can be like that!)
So that should be the end of it and we can carry on as good neighbours :)

DIY sphere tool
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Delighted he finally saw sense Xac :-D
Jim

davetherave

Unread post by davetherave »

Well thats saved a lot of hassle! Glad to hear its sorted, save a lot of time.
(95) XM Silver 2.1td Exclusive.
(87) Cx 2.5 DTR T1 undergoing major cosmetic surgery.
GPZ500s
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

I would take a guess his missus knocked a bit of sense into him...
Jim