Vince's XM...213k and slowing....

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

andmcit

Re: Vince's VSX - SOLD....XM coming soon...

Post by andmcit »

I wondered about the age of the Xm - how about a cheap moped to justify keeping the number without paying
dead money on a retention certificate? Got to be worth keeping the number.
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
Trainman
(Donor 2018)

Post by Trainman »

What about an agreement from Les, that if he sells the VSX you get first refusal on the plate coming back to you ? If my initials were close to yours, and I wanted something like that........ I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud..........
Steve

2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather

http://c6owners.org/index.php
vince

Post by vince »

I have access to vehicles to transfer it onto.....im going to check with the DVLA that the XM cant wear it as a K and L occupied the same year for a few months im sure.

Anyway, this week my focus is going to be directed towards cleaning the Xantia up, and also looking forward to working on Chris's Traction Avant this sunday :P Ive just done a quick "stocktake" 3of my stuff that i will need for this weekend to bring the Traction to an amazing finish and decided now is the time to take the plunge on some items i havent tried yet. £40 later and i am now awaiting delivery of the new Menzerna high gloss finishing pad, and also this stuff which i have been after picking up for a while...just never got round to it until now

Description as follows:
Without doubt Collinite 476 is the most durable car wax we have come across. It doesn't smell great but once you see just how good the results are and how easy to apply you will forgive it that. Buffing of is also childs play and the results look absolutely stunning. It adds depth to solid colours whilst not muting the flake on metallics.

Super Double coat paste wax #476 is a Carnauba based wax packaged in a tin that looks like it belongs in the 50's. Don't let that fool you though this is one of the finest waxes on the market. It is a true paste wax and contains absolutly no cleaners so by applying multiple thin layers you leave a finish which is more durable than not just any wax, but just about any sealant on the market.

Infact Collinite #476 is so durable that the manufacture claims one application will last a full 12 months come rain, snow and sun! This is the it's true forte. Somehow Collinite have managed to manufacture a wax so extremely durable it becomes the ideal choice all year round protection.All this makes Super Doublecoat #476s a very popular choice for winter, throwing off the worst weather with ease.
•Wet clear finish
•Carnauba based paste wax
•No cleaners
•Very very durable (the most durable car wax on the planet?)

Thought this will be the best stuff to finish the Traction with as the intended show wont be on for a few weeks from the day its done. That way it should only need a quick wash and dry and it will be show field ready :)

Im taking my trusty Meguiars Tec Wax and show glaze anyway just in case i dont like the finish from this stuff...it can differ on different paint surfaces :wink:

Once the Traction is finished, on the 22nd i have a 2009 BMW M3 to do and possibly a Capri Ghia if i can fit it in this month...if not it will done next month....roll on the pictures :P
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
andmcit

Post by andmcit »

vince wrote:I have access to vehicles to transfer it onto.....im going to check with the DVLA that the XM cant wear it as a K and L occupied the same year for a few months im sure.
Unfortunately it's an L plate so it can only fit an L or younger car whatever the
actual date of registration in 1993 for the K plated Xm.
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
vince

Post by vince »

I thought as much And....it was more of a hope than anything else :)
1993 Citroen xm 2.1td, silver/grey, bowling ball wheel trims, 210k and climbing...
Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad »

That sounds like excellent stuff Vince, I can't wait to see the results :-D 8-)
Chris
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
07 Citroen C5 HDi VTR - Red
09 Citroen C3 1.4i VTR - Silver
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango Orange
93 Ford Mondeo 2.0i GLX
19 Hyundai i10
vince

Post by vince »

Well, off to get the kids some take out tea in a minute and then im setting off for Scarborough to see my dad and stay over tonight :)

An early start tomorrow morning will see me setting off again up north to Chris's place (Citroenmad) as i will be spending some time on their Traction Avant and lending Chris the rotary to have a play with on his XM :wink: The Xantia is making the trip and has a quick wash now that the rain has stopped, but its loaded up with my stuff and ready to get a couple of hundred miles under its belt.

If money allows im planning on insuring the XM once its picked up next week so i can spend time on each one cleaning them up. I was just thinking whilst out today that the last time i saw an XM travelling on the road was probably a couple of years ago :shock: You just dont see them around anymore, especially pre facelift ones. It will be good for people to see one more knocking around :)

Well best get off.....im knackered already and really dont fancy the drive to scarborough right now but until someone invents a teleporter i guess i best stop whinging and hit the road. Nicer roads over there though, thats some compromise :)
vince

Post by vince »

I just wrote a big post and lost it when my laptop froze :evil:

Im to tired now to re write it all so here are some before and after shots of Chris's dads Traction....he was happy with how it turned out....so was I :wink:

Before shots

Afters

The wall on this one is actually the car :P ...its a reflection

The taillamp and filler cap on this one are also reflections off the boot lid

This is my favourite reflection shot which is the drivers side door reflection.... :)

The end and goodnight for now, long day, lots of miles covered and work carried out.. Big thanks to Chris and his dad for allowing me to work on their Traction and fopr the cheese butty and water...and my first drives in a 2CV and Chris's XM....which is awesome :)
Last edited by vince on 09 Jul 2012, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
red_dwarfers
(Donor 2020)

Post by red_dwarfers »

Bloody hell :shock:

I think I'll leave it at that to be honest.
Kev

'19 C4 Cactus 130 Flair
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

red_dwarfers wrote:Bloody hell :shock:
To be honest Kev, no more words are needed. That was exactly my first reaction! Vince, it's bloody amazing...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Deanxm

Post by Deanxm »

Its come up really well, no wonder your nackered Vince!
And that last picture, if it wasnt for the distortion of the panels i would swear somone had taken a picture of you holding a camera!

D
XM Prestige PRV6 92
Talbot Express Autotrail Chinook 89
Mitsubishi L200 Trojan 14
Xantia Activa 95, sold (missed)

Service Citroen is awesome, it shows me pictures of all the parts i used to be able to buy............
vince

Post by vince »

Lol, thanks guys...it does rank as some of my best work, but the older paint is a lot easier to work on if not a bit messy....
bxzx16v

Post by bxzx16v »

Fantastic work as ever Vince , did you get time to do anything on the Xm Chris has ?

Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
Citroening

Post by Citroening »

Excellent Vince - it's amazing how that has come up! Black is brilliant, however the only downside is that it shows all the dirt up!

Fantastic work there! :-D
Franklin
vince

Post by vince »

bxzx16v wrote:Fantastic work as ever Vince , did you get time to do anything on the Xm Chris has ?

Mark
I didn't Mark no, but I took the rotary and gave Chris a crash course, he had a play on that and it came out quite well...not a perfect finish but your first time with a rotary never is spot on....what it did show was the potential of the car...it did look chalk and cheese :)