Citrojim's Saxo and Cycling Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Unread post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote: BTW I've just noticed the increase in Emoticons available on the forum :clap:
I think they came courtesy of our new host :yeah:

Toby_HDi

Unread post by Toby_HDi »

I thought it would something along those lines Jim, knew you couldn't with the Pug/Cit ECUs.

Richard, I'm not sure. I can see your point, but having driven a Selespeed equipped Alfa, once you get used to it - it's actually rather fun.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Citroenmad wrote: I miss a day or two on here and all is changed, CXs, Activa purchases, its all go :lol:
Yes indeed Chris. A day is a long time in FCF-land and things can happen very quickly around here. :lol:

All I know is that I need a project to get my teeth into and I may just have found one..

Should keep me out of mischief for a day or so...

Hopefully, it'll allow me, eventually, to put my red Activa into long-term dry storage and bring it out for shows and special occasions... That's been my plan now for a while.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by myglaren »

Citroenmad wrote:
I miss a day or two on here and all is changed, CXs, Activa purchases, its all go :lol:
Miss an hour or two and the world has changed!

As if you needed yet another project Jim :shock:

andmcit

Unread post by andmcit »

And I thought a GS was calling your name Jim!? :wink:

Andrew

citroenxm

Unread post by citroenxm »

NO Andrew, XM's are calling Jim's name ! :D :D :lol:

Paul

andmcit

Unread post by andmcit »

And a CX?
Try and find one if you can!!

Andrew

citroenxm

Unread post by citroenxm »

CANT! You got them all Andrew!! :lol: :lol:

Paul

DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy

Unread post by DickieG »

Toby_HDi wrote:Richard, I'm not sure. I can see your point, but having driven a Selespeed equipped Alfa, once you get used to it - it's actually rather fun.
I regularly drive Audi A6's and Saab 9-5 Aeros's with flappy paddle gears for eight hours a day, I'm not a fan, pointless "Boyracer wish I was a F1 driver tosh" IMO. The latest auto gearboxes are very good indeed, making flappy paddle even more pointless.

Toby_HDi

Unread post by Toby_HDi »

DickieG wrote:
Toby_HDi wrote:Richard, I'm not sure. I can see your point, but having driven a Selespeed equipped Alfa, once you get used to it - it's actually rather fun.
I regularly drive Audi A6's and Saab 9-5 Aeros's with flappy paddle gears for eight hours a day, I'm not a fan, pointless "Boyracer wish I was a F1 driver tosh" IMO. The latest auto gearboxes are very good indeed, making flappy paddle even more pointless.
Ahh but you forget - I am 22 :roll: :twisted:

No, seriously, I prefer a proper manual gearlever

Each to their own though isn't it really

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

andmcit wrote:And I thought a GS was calling your name Jim!? :wink:
citroenxm wrote: NO Andrew, XM's are calling Jim's name ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
They do and they are but they seem to be drowned out by certain Xantias calling louder :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems I'm destined always to be associated with Xantias. It a bit like being stereotyped or should that be monotyped :roll:

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Unread post by addo »

Having just one thing you're good at, works brilliantly for AC/DC.

CitroJim
A very naughty boy

addo wrote:Having just one thing you're good at, works brilliantly for AC/DC.
I'd love to be good at just one thing Adam. I'm a jack of all trades me :roll: What we at work call a Generalist...

My new Activa project is due and planned to arrive on the back of a trailer Friday morning. I have already secured alternate parking nearby for one of my others so that my immediate area is not badly cluttered.

The heatshrink for potential ram repairs has arrived today. I shall have a go at that as soon as health and weather permit. Health is better today I'm happy to say and the doctor has diagnosed a nasty viral infection, the after-effects of which may linger for a while; in the meantime I'm ordered not to overdo it and continue to relax and take it easy.

xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

CitroJim wrote:
Hopefully, it'll allow me, eventually, to put my red Activa into long-term dry storage and bring it out for shows and special occasions... That's been my plan now for a while.
I don't know how you will get it into the lounge...

Unless you knock 2 walls out of the kitchen... :sprint:

Sid_the_Squid

Unread post by Sid_the_Squid »

Sorry to hear your not well Jim :(, but glad to hear your on the mend :)

A new project involving an Activa and a V6 engine.... that sounds very exciting :D :D Give me a call/PM if you want a hand with anything, I'd be happy to be involved when ever I can muster a free weekend :)

I personally would love to see a tiptronic/flappy paddle Activa, but I'm lazy and like these automatic gearboxes ;)

I think this icon is most appropriate representation of a V6 Activa 8-)