Davie's french attraction.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
The c5 has a new battery. £35 excess off my aa breakdown insurance. List price should have been £104. Bargain!
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
Re: Davie's french attraction.
One very cheap battery Davie.. Hope it's a good 'un...daviemck2006 wrote:The c5 has a new battery. £35 excess off my aa breakdown insurance. List price should have been £104. Bargain!
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
It's got AA on the side of it. It was in his van so he fitted it there and then and took the old one away. 4 years guarantee. I would doubt I would have the car that long so should be good enough.
Sold a Ford Puma tonight. A woman emailed saying she was wanting to come buy it. I sent address she appeared with her man, started it, looked under the bonnet, he looked under it with a torch then handed over the money. I truly wish there were more private buyers like that. No problem at all. Down to my c5 insured for me only, shaun's 107 insured for him only and the escort insured for both of us. I will use it when it's really cold! And a knackered fiesta hiding in a lock up. Did not get the mondeo donor we were beaten to it by 1 hour.
Sold a Ford Puma tonight. A woman emailed saying she was wanting to come buy it. I sent address she appeared with her man, started it, looked under the bonnet, he looked under it with a torch then handed over the money. I truly wish there were more private buyers like that. No problem at all. Down to my c5 insured for me only, shaun's 107 insured for him only and the escort insured for both of us. I will use it when it's really cold! And a knackered fiesta hiding in a lock up. Did not get the mondeo donor we were beaten to it by 1 hour.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
No car updates. I've been in Carluke for 9 days, just home last night. I tried something different and took the train. £55 return so the car was abandoned at the nearest station to me, 20 miles away. It started first kick at 9 pm last night in zero temps so new battery doing the trick.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8390
Re: Davie's french attraction.
The train is a nice change sometimes Davie. I enjoy train journeys as I often find interesting people to talk to on them.
Good news on the battery....
Good news on the battery....
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I would have used £70 of fuel had I driven. So 55 and maybe 6 of fuel, free parking at the station so was cheaper too. 5 hours to get home, it's 4&1/2 driving but I would have stopped over an hour so quicker to. And I was left brother in laws mondeo to use. It is a clattery vibrating bucket of nails just now. It got a new starter a few weeks ago and the garage said there were metal filings in it so looks like flywheel is on way out. It's 06 reg tdci 130 so presumably the same DMF and clutch as my c5 so 113000 miles is not too bad I suppose. I shall be very interested in how much it costs him, I have a funny feeling my clutch is ever so slightly slippy, only on occasions, so I may need to save up, or it may last for ages being treated gently.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
The forum swear box is about to take a big (-expletive removed-) hit. Feel free to fill in the blanks. Just home from Inverurie looking at the auction. Nothing much ecicting there. On the way home, a bad dip in the road with a narrow bridge and crash barriers at each side. I'm over the bridge, speed about 40 mph, going round an uphill right hand corner with the crash barrier approx 1 foot or less from side of road. Chavvy corsa or fiesta or a new audi or some of these stupid (-expletive removed-) of things with very (-expletive removed-) bright dazzling lights totally blinded me, I hit the soft verge which pulled me into the (-expletive removed-) crash barrier at 40 mph. I discovered that C5's bounce quite well off barriers. MOT before they bend a wing, break the bumper and fog light, break the very expensive xenon swivelling headlight and scrape an alloy to bits, with a nearly new Michelin on it which may be (-expletive removed-) also. Bastard hid lights are a flaming menace.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Northern_Mike
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Four things to say here.daviemck2006 wrote:The forum swear box is about to take a big (-expletive removed-) hit. Feel free to fill in the blanks. Just home from Inverurie looking at the auction. Nothing much ecicting there. On the way home, a bad dip in the road with a narrow bridge and crash barriers at each side. I'm over the bridge, speed about 40 mph, going round an uphill right hand corner with the crash barrier approx 1 foot or less from side of road. Chavvy corsa or fiesta or a new audi or some of these stupid (-expletive removed-) of things with very (-expletive removed-) bright dazzling lights totally blinded me, I hit the soft verge which pulled me into the (-expletive removed-) crash barrier at 40 mph. I discovered that C5's bounce quite well off barriers. MOT before they bend a wing, break the bumper and fog light, break the very expensive xenon swivelling headlight and scrape an alloy to bits, with a nearly new Michelin on it which may be (-expletive removed-) also. Bastard hid lights are a flaming menace.
1) I sincerely hope that you're ok, other than a bit shook up Davie. Horrible experience.
2) It's only a car. I'm presuming you are still walking and livid, which is all that matters.
3)The forum profanity filter is selective (not that it offends me!)
4)I was just about to post of a similar experience tonight with my C5. I appear to have bent a track rod or something underneath, scratched the bumper, cracked the passenger side mirror, made the car extremely dirty and removed 20ft of hedgerow..
I'm finding cars with modern lights are especially difficult to drive towards on unlit roads. I'm not sure whether they are too powerful, too bright, badly aimed or what, but I really struggle. I didn't used to at all. Old age, modern lights, or a combo of both. It's making my commute pretty difficult, as 80% of it is on unlit roads in the dark.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I've got two new track rod ends, and a new trailing arm at mot in July, ,,,,,,,,,,
I'm ok, no injuries known. Just pride I suppose. First bump in 33 years apart from when a moron hit me in the snow. That was a 200 quid 106 so I did not care. I would think k this will (-expletive removed-) up my no claims. Can anyone with service citroen price a left side xenon swivelling headlight, a front bumper with parking sensors, a 16" c5 vtr alloy a wing and a fog light. I would think that list will make a cat d, add the labour paint and vat it could be cat c.
I'm ok, no injuries known. Just pride I suppose. First bump in 33 years apart from when a moron hit me in the snow. That was a 200 quid 106 so I did not care. I would think k this will (-expletive removed-) up my no claims. Can anyone with service citroen price a left side xenon swivelling headlight, a front bumper with parking sensors, a 16" c5 vtr alloy a wing and a fog light. I would think that list will make a cat d, add the labour paint and vat it could be cat c.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Hope you are ok too mike.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
myglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28691
- Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
- x 5674
Re: Davie's french attraction.
They are an absolute expletive removed for many of us Mike & Davie. I sometimes wonder where I am going. And then there's the lightsnorthern_mike wrote:
I'm finding cars with modern lights are especially difficult to drive towards on unlit roads. I'm not sure whether they are too powerful, too bright, badly aimed or what, but I really struggle. I didn't used to at all. Old age, modern lights, or a combo of both. It's making my commute pretty difficult, as 80% of it is on unlit roads in the dark.
Seriously, there are too many, too bright lights and far too many badly aimed ones. Along with the DRLs that don't reduce in brightness when the main lights are used.
Pleased you weren't injured Dave and the car isn't too badly damaged but it's an expletive removed anyway
-
Northern_Mike
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Yeah, I'm fine Davie.daviemck2006 wrote:Hope you are ok too mike.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
It's nearly every audi, merc, BMW, soft roader, and ignorant s**t in souped up junk heaps that are problems.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
DRL's are the stupidest invention ever. What was wrong with volvo and saab years ago having a 1/2 way dip headlight coming on with the engine?
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I've just been told my sister suffered the dreaded blue light syndrome today also. She lost the drivers door mirror off her car. Very lucky it wasn't a head on.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.