Davie's french attraction.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
I'm sure I could manage to rig up a hose system where I could rig up a direct feed from kettle via teabag box direct to the car to save them stopping work then they could do the job in 1/2 the time and therfore the fee would reduce again to 7.5p each. And I'll even take down some Aberdeen buttries, a local delicacy (heart attack in the making) only available from Aberdeen to Elgin. Very rare and worth an absolute fortune.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Oh, no, you have to allow them to take a tea break, as this is when the brain storming happens!
I think that if the forum members would invest in a very large tea urn for Team WFA it would pay dividends! I would chip in.
I think that if the forum members would invest in a very large tea urn for Team WFA it would pay dividends! I would chip in.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Hmmm...... I see a plot developing here, perhaps a black market in decaff tea........Hell Razor5543 wrote:Don't forget, you will need to include de-caf tea for CitroJim. For the best results I recommend Twinings Earl Grey (de-caf) which can be purchased from Tesco. De-caf PG Tips is also acceptable.
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Davie's french attraction.
No. It was just that the first time I arranged to meet Jim he asked for de-caff teabags, and when I then found Twinings did a de-caff Earl Grey he was delighted, as he hadn't had Earl Grey for a long time. I later found a recipe for puff bread (which I passed on), and I wonder how they turned out.Trainman wrote:Hmmm...... I see a plot developing here, perhaps a black market in decaff tea........Hell Razor5543 wrote:Don't forget, you will need to include de-caf tea for CitroJim. For the best results I recommend Twinings Earl Grey (de-caf) which can be purchased from Tesco. De-caf PG Tips is also acceptable.
Last edited by Hell Razor5543 on 22 Aug 2014, 10:39, edited 1 time in total.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55061
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Indeed James, I am forever indebted to you for introducing me to Twining decaff Earl Grey
I love it to bits..
I love it to bits..
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
No car news this week. The big news, for me, is by this time tomorrow I will have had the first of the two operations on my back.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I hope that it goes well.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
Northern_Mike
Re: Davie's french attraction.
daviemck2006 wrote:No car news this week. The big news, for me, is by this time tomorrow I will have had the first of the two operations on my back.
Good luck Davie!
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55061
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Davie's french attraction.
All the very best with the operations Davie and that they bring forth a massive improvement 
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
bxzx16v
- Posts: 1697
- Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
- x 35
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Good news on the op Davie, all the best.
Mark
Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
-
Trainman
- (Donor 2018)
- Posts: 2593
- Joined: 21 Aug 2009, 11:58
- x 43
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Davie,
While you're in there, can you ask them to fit a translation device in you
I haven't a clue what you're typing half the time, let alone saying
All the best buddy, let's hope it gives you some relief
While you're in there, can you ask them to fit a translation device in you
All the best buddy, let's hope it gives you some relief
Steve
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
2008 C6 2.7 Exclusive in Mativoire Beige with Vitali Leather.
2019 C5 1.6 Aircross Flair+ in Platinum Grey with Claudia Rimini Leather
http://c6owners.org/index.php
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I'll bet the spell checker had a bit of fun with that one, unless you managed to get a Glasgow add-on for it!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
It basically says that was feckin sore! 3 & 1/2 hr back operation on local anaesthetic. I am now bionic. 16 electrodes implanted into my spine, connected to a temporary controller outside my body. It has 6 different programmes which I have to use for two days each and monitor my pain levels. Then I get a smaller controller implanted into a buttock which runs forever. It needs charged every day for 45 minutes. The operation site is still in agony just now, but the pain I get in the sciatica nerve is very little now. So it is looking hopeful that in the next 2 weeks that the right program will be found. My spine is still (-expletive removed-) but if I am not sore 24/7 then that's a success.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14308
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Just so long as the controller runs forever, and doesn't make you do the same! Seriously though, I hope everything goes well, and that the pain levels drop to a much more bearable level.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!