CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
User avatar
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 10966
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
x 1459

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

€20 freight is a good deal, compared to retail freight prices. No use getting them delivered to Malta at present, because we are going to France next week, and too early to order them for delivery to France. Getting them from France to Malta should be OK, as Malta Air gives a reasonable luggage allowance.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8390

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Wonder what the X-Ray machine will make of a set of discs in your luggage Mike!!!
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 10966
Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
x 1459

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by xantia_v6 »

Only one way to find out...

I remember the good old days when you got only a raised eyebrow for carrying a pair of shock absorbers in your cabin bag.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8390

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

I once carried a set of spanners, my offset rings that I Still use, back from Jakarta as hand luggage back in 1988. Not even a question...

Can't imagine it these days...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
elma
Posts: 3745
Joined: 13 May 2007, 02:17
x 287

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by elma »

I had my lunch confiscated last time I flew. Apparently you can sneak a lot of prohibited items in a sandwich.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8390

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

elma wrote:Apparently you can sneak a lot of prohibited items in a sandwich.
Including explosive gas in an egg sandwich... A very wise precaution I'd say!
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11834
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2004

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

And you can light farts....flame danger !
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: RE: Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

CitroJim wrote:
elma wrote:Apparently you can sneak a lot of prohibited items in a sandwich.
Including explosive gas in an egg sandwich... A very wise precaution I'd say!
Espically if I eat said egg sarnies combined with my diabetic meds. Medis called metformin, and commonly known as metfartmin in diabetic forums. I can confess that the above is true [emoji13] [emoji90] [emoji23]
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Hell Razor5543
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 14308
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 3306

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

Do NOT have extra strong mints after a full English Breakfast. You will not be popular! Adding the metformin might make you a WMD!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
User avatar
daviemck2006
Donor 2024
Posts: 5033
Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
x 496

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

I'm safe with the full English, I don't take beans lol
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8390

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

:rofl2:

Being largely vegetarian I eat a lot of beans of all kinds as I really love them and they are an excellent source of protein.

Interestingly, I have none of the problems with them that many others do...

Knowing exactly why they produce gas during digestion, I do wonder what is different about me to not produce that gas :?

Maybe because I eat a lot of natural roughage and nothing processed? I don't know...

No problem with eggs either and I eat a lot of those too; another excellent source of nutrition for one who doesn't eat meat.

I do like an occasional fish though,
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11834
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2004

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

Ahhh, that because the eggs you eat come from chickens that only eat free range food and corn Jim :)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8390

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Stickyfinger wrote:Ahhh, that because the eggs you eat come from chickens that only eat free range food and corn Jim :)
Maybe the blue shells help too :wink:
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55066
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8390

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

It was ordained that I'd finish the Activa yesterday as that evening Robyn said her 207 smelt a bit of petrol fumes...

I took a look and found she had a ruptured fuel line and fuel was spraying out in a fine mist :shock:

I immediately forbade her to use the car and she's now using my C1 whilst I get hers sorted...

Both of us felt she had a very lucky escape indeed. The leak is such that it could so easily erupted in a fireball... She had driven it to Surrey and back and then Oxford and back like it!

I will post in the Pug section a bit later with more details...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
Xantianut
Posts: 875
Joined: 07 Aug 2012, 19:50
x 124

Re: RE: Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Xantianut »

daviemck2006 wrote:
CitroJim wrote:
elma wrote:Apparently you can sneak a lot of prohibited items in a sandwich.
Including explosive gas in an egg sandwich... A very wise precaution I'd say!
Espically if I eat said egg sarnies combined with my diabetic meds. Medis called metformin, and commonly known as metfartmin in diabetic forums. I can confess that the above is true [emoji13] [emoji90] [emoji23]
I bear these scars meself.........

:gt:
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)