CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales
-
Xantianut
- Posts: 877
- Joined: 07 Aug 2012, 19:50
- x 127
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Ye Gods, and here's me thinking that at my age 2am should be an academic exercise.......
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)
RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
-
Stickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11836
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2005
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Jim, you NEED to reset your body clock mate....
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55070
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Ahh well it all boils down to some of us being larks and others being owls...Xantianut wrote:Ye Gods, and here's me thinking that at my age 2am should be an academic exercise.......
Or in my case, a very faulty body clock
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
BenC5HDi
- Not Mike
- Posts: 588
- Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 20:21
- x 45
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
I think Jim does it the right, natural way. Sleep when it's dark, wake up when it comes light like most creatures that aren't nocturnal.
The only reason we do it another way is because we invented time.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
The only reason we do it another way is because we invented time.
Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55070
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Actually yes, I go to bed when my eyelids get heavy and I get up when I wake up... Never use an alarm clock and never really have a set time to go to bed. It just when I'm ready and that's normally about 19:30 - 20:00BenC5HDi wrote:I think Jim does it the right, natural way. Sleep when it's dark, wake up when it comes light like most creatures that aren't nocturnal.
The only reason we do it another way is because we invented time.
Fact is though, I'm powerless to change it...
For instance, on Friday after Karate I went to bed at the unimaginably late time of 22:45! I was still up with the lark at 04:00 next morning...
I just can't sleep past what my body clock says is time to wake up...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Stickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11836
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2005
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Which is why god invented the Siesta ....it solves a lot of that problem:)
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55070
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Yes indeed, used to enjoy those greatly in Cyprus. Very civilisedStickyfinger wrote:Which is why god invented the Siesta ....it solves a lot of that problem:)
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Zelandeth
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5310
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
- x 1597
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
I'm in a perpetual fight with my body clock - basically because I'm the total opposite of you Jim, my natural state is nocturnal.
This basically results in my spending most of the night staring at the bedroom ceiling, finally falling asleep around 4 or 5 in the morning then spending the following day wandering around like a zombie. When other folks are about though so I don't need to be about in the morning I just stay up until 2 or 3, then get up at somewhere between 11 and 12 and am bright eyed and ready to face the day.
Keep thinking I might be able to kick it into a more sensible pattern, but years into the fight nothing has worked so far...no matter what I do, come 11PM I will suddenly be full of beans and want to do absolutely anything but sleep for at least the next three or four hours.
This basically results in my spending most of the night staring at the bedroom ceiling, finally falling asleep around 4 or 5 in the morning then spending the following day wandering around like a zombie. When other folks are about though so I don't need to be about in the morning I just stay up until 2 or 3, then get up at somewhere between 11 and 12 and am bright eyed and ready to face the day.
Keep thinking I might be able to kick it into a more sensible pattern, but years into the fight nothing has worked so far...no matter what I do, come 11PM I will suddenly be full of beans and want to do absolutely anything but sleep for at least the next three or four hours.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55070
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Can you adjust your life to make the best of your natural nocturnal state Zel? It's what I've done basically and it's worked exceedingly well...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Stickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11836
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2005
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
I am the same, 2am is quite often Wide Awake time
...it can be a total bugger
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
lexi
- (Donor 2020)
- Posts: 2803
- Joined: 17 Apr 2008, 17:51
- x 134
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
A lot of these patterns seem to owe much to nervous excitation and constant striving.
There is a rush going on here and some calm needs to be introduced.
Guru Lexi mode off now
There is a rush going on here and some calm needs to be introduced.
Guru Lexi mode off now
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate
French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
-
Onlinemyglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28692
- Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
- x 5674
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
lexi wrote:A lot of these patterns seem to owe much to nervous excitation and constant striving.
There is a rush going on here and some calm needs to be introduced.
Guru Lexi mode off now
-
lexi
- (Donor 2020)
- Posts: 2803
- Joined: 17 Apr 2008, 17:51
- x 134
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
That's where it's at Steve 
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate
French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55070
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Spot-on lexilexi wrote:A lot of these patterns seem to owe much to nervous excitation and constant striving.
There is a rush going on here and some calm needs to be introduced.
I did that yesterday and to an extent I'm still doing it today...
And why by 7PM on weekdays and most weekends all computers in this house go off and I do nothing but listen to Classic FM and read before bed at 8...
Fir instance, last week saw my mental energy reserves gradually depleted to absolute zero by Friday lunchtime. Only now are they just beginning to recover... I'm still brain-dead but not quite as much as yesterday and Friday - hence why no significant posts on the forum recently. Physically I'm OK though... Mentally I'm rubbish...
The 21st Century and I don't really get on very well... For the most part I've told the 21st century to naff off and feel all the better for it. I'm happier living like it was 1965...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Zelandeth
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5310
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
- x 1597
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
To some extent I do, trudge downstairs in the morning, let dog out, then go back to bed for a few hours. Dog luckily is about as interested in the morning as I am and just curls up at the bottom of the bed until I get up (or drag him off it).CitroJim wrote:Can you adjust your life to make the best of your natural nocturnal state Zel? It's what I've done basically and it's worked exceedingly well...
Unfortunately there are limits to what I can do later in the evenings in case I end up keeping anyone else up.
Still, works a lot better than my old life where I had a 9-5 job as well, and usually ended up out of action with a severe migraine at least once a month when by body basically ran out of energy and waved a little white flag.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.