CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales
-
Zelandeth
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5310
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
- x 1597
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
107/C1 etc are easy cars to do an oil & filter change on. Will try to get my 107 the same treatment this weekend. It's due a clean of the air filter (it got a K&N drop in about a week after I got it) as well and while I have the air box off will probably give the throttle body a clean. Don't know about the 107 but on the Saab having that spotlessly clean always helps the car run smoothly.
...going to have to do this one the old fashioned way I think as my vacuum drainer is buried at the moment...ah well, at least it's not the middle of December!
...going to have to do this one the old fashioned way I think as my vacuum drainer is buried at the moment...ah well, at least it's not the middle of December!
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
At least there is nothing in the way of the sump plug Zel, and tons of room around the oil filter. My one has turned 60k, was last done at 53k and it's about 5 months ago it was done. It will get done shortly, maybe 61.5k then 70k then every 10k max after that, or maybe 8k considering the stop/start use it gets.
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
I've never tried a vacuum drainer... As it was, I had an oil drain pan with a bit of LHM sitting in it so I only had to clean it once...
Yes, sump plug and filter are both very accessible and the nice thing about the filter is that in hanging down vertically you can fill it to the brim with new oil before fitting it and thus reduce the time it takes to get oil pressure back after an oil change...
Yes, sump plug and filter are both very accessible and the nice thing about the filter is that in hanging down vertically you can fill it to the brim with new oil before fitting it and thus reduce the time it takes to get oil pressure back after an oil change...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
You would be able to stand in the engine bay to change the filter Jim [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
You're not far wrong there Daviedaviemck2006 wrote:You would be able to stand in the engine bay to change the filter Jim [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]
Whilst the oil was draining I was looking at how hard a clutch change would be in a C1... Compared to an Activa, very simple. I don't think I'd even need a crane for the little gearbox..
And those driveshafts look like they're made from pencils!
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
The c1oc boys all say the clutch is easy, a home mechanic would do it in a day. The clutches are the weak bit, but yours and my 107 will have the uprated yaris clutch in them
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
With me doing less than 3K a year I'm hoping it'll be a long time before I have to do my C1 clutch!
I'm really looking after my C1 as it's now got to last me a very long time...
I could end up still having mine when they become a classic car!!!
I'm really looking after my C1 as it's now got to last me a very long time...
I could end up still having mine when they become a classic car!!!
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
What a gorgeous day it's been. Kicked off with some excellent karate training and them as it was such lovely weather I wheeled out my best bike (The TCR), dressed in just cycling bib-shorts and short-sleeve jersey and went for a lovely 30 mile ride along one of my favourite routes...
There were loads of bikes out today and I guess a first time out in 2016 for many as I was flying past them at great (relative) speed... Either that or I've vastly improved over the last few months but then I do cycle to work and back every day and that has made a difference... It's been just over a year now that I've been seriously cycling...
I then came home and got another load of work done on Davie's Activa clutch job
Now I happily tired and now relaxing for the rest of the day before tucking into an curry I cooked at 05:00 this morning...
There were loads of bikes out today and I guess a first time out in 2016 for many as I was flying past them at great (relative) speed... Either that or I've vastly improved over the last few months but then I do cycle to work and back every day and that has made a difference... It's been just over a year now that I've been seriously cycling...
I then came home and got another load of work done on Davie's Activa clutch job
Now I happily tired and now relaxing for the rest of the day before tucking into an curry I cooked at 05:00 this morning...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Stickyfinger
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 11835
- Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
- x 2005
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
LOL Jim, 5am ?, thats when I normally eat last nights curry remains
.......umm.... cold curry and chewy nan yummy
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
Activa, the Moose Dodger
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
I was up at 4 this morning baking bread 
Late night last night too.. It was 9PM before I went to sleep...
Late night last night too.. It was 9PM before I went to sleep...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
myglaren
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 28691
- Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
- x 5674
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
I was just about getting to sleep when you were baking your buns 
-
bobins
- (Donor 2025)
- Posts: 6847
- Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
- x 3566
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Last night's curry should always be made into a large omelette for Sunday breakfast. It needs to be cooked slowly as it's normally an inch thick. Just about everything except the naan and poppadums should go into itStickyfinger wrote:LOL Jim, 5am ?, thats when I normally eat last nights curry remains.......umm.... cold curry and chewy nan yummy
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: RE: Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Think I was about that too Steve!myglaren wrote:I was just about getting to sleep when you were baking your buns
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
BenC5HDi
- Not Mike
- Posts: 588
- Joined: 30 Nov 2015, 20:21
- x 45
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
I was up at 5:45am, had breakfast, then rode 17 miles on my bike before 7 :30am, then went to work for 12 hours.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8391
Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales
Not too much different to my day then! I saw your ride on Strava... Looks a great spot for a rideBenC5HDi wrote:I was up at 5:45am, had breakfast, then rode 17 miles on my bike before 7 :30am, then went to work for 12 hours.
I won't say I worked for 12 hours but yesterday did have plenty of work in it....
And here I am now. Up bright and early today at 03:45
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...