CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55048
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8378

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

I did a little black and white film processing many, many years ago and found the whole experience magical... Seeing an image appear on what initially looked like blank film still fills me with wonder - a bit like seeing bread dough rise or a sauce thicken... The thrill of it never wanes...

Today I went to the X Rally and what an excellent rally it was... Saw friends old and new and chatted myself hoarse :lol:

Brilliant day and an excellent rally season opener. Even the weather smiled upon us...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
Xantianut
Posts: 875
Joined: 07 Aug 2012, 19:50
x 124

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Xantianut »

Ay up!

I'm with you on black and white,

I dabbled in it a few years ago now and although I found developing the film a bit of a faff, watching the image fade into existence in the print developer bath was truly magical. Somehow watching a black and white picture roll out of the printer is just not the same.

Serious tip for any photoggy out there. Some folks can just instinctively know the right time to hit the button. I'm lucky, I can do that. for those who can't, take your time and make sure you say what you want to say in the picture. With digi cameras, it's easy to see what you've taken and delete it if you don't like it.

Equipment? The best you can afford. You don't need a DSLR for great pictures. I use a Nikon bridge camera that cost £120 with a large memory card and the pics are super. Just can't take sequence shots of trains at high speed but that's no big deal really.

And yes, I cringe when I see some of the pictures taken of me as a kid......
C5 HDi 110 SX (Fifi 7 or Otterchops)

RIP
Citroen Xantia 1.8i LX (Fifi 6)
BX16TRS (x2) (Fifi 4 and 5)
BX19DTR (Fifi 2)
BX14E (x2) (Fifi 1 and 3)
User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4878
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 09:15
x 38

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by DickieG »

Xantianut wrote:Equipment? The best you can afford. You don't need a DSLR for great pictures. I use a Nikon bridge camera that cost £120 with a large memory card and the pics are super. Just can't take sequence shots of trains at high speed but that's no big deal really.
Whilst you don't necessarily need a DSLR the problem with almost every compact camera (apart from the Canon G1X which has a sensor the same size as a DSLR) is that the sensor on a compact is much smaller so definition suffers quite significantly, like comparing photo's taken using 35mm film and a 110 compact, remember those? :roll:
25 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
23 BMW iX3 M Sport Pro
23 Jeep Avenger
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55048
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8378

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

DickieG wrote:110 compact, remember those? :roll:
Oh yes!
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
Zelandeth
Donor 2024
Posts: 5305
Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
x 1595

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Zelandeth »

Yep..Like this!

Image

...Or this.

Image

Figured that it would be rude not to include the Konica here given that I just managed to find a photo of it.

Image

Really need to find someone who does repairs on old cameras though and see if they can sort its light meter as that currently doesn't work so there is a bit of guesswork involved in getting exposure values right.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55048
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8378

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

Now there's some memories :-D

I still have an Olympus OM10 somewhere...

This is tempting me to have a play again and perhaps try a bit of developing. I think I still have my developing tank somewhere...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
User avatar
DickieG
Monaco's youngest playboy
Posts: 4878
Joined: 25 Nov 2006, 09:15
x 38

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by DickieG »

CitroJim wrote:This is tempting me to have a play again and perhaps try a bit of developing. I think I still have my developing tank somewhere...
Yes it's in the garage, you used it for cleaning those auto gearbox components :lol:
25 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
23 BMW iX3 M Sport Pro
23 Jeep Avenger
13 Ram 1500 Hemi
06 C3 Desire 1.4
72 DS 21 EFi Pallas BVH
citronut
Posts: 10937
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 00:46
x 94

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by citronut »

DickieG wrote:
CitroJim wrote:This is tempting me to have a play again and perhaps try a bit of developing. I think I still have my developing tank somewhere...
Yes it's in the garage, you used it for cleaning those auto gearbox components :lol:
nah
i recon he filled them with sand to develop those muscles :yikes: :-D :lol: :rofl2: :rofl2: :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
citronut
Posts: 10937
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 00:46
x 94

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by citronut »

CitroJim wrote:
I still have an Olympus OM10 somewhere...
aah but mine is the OM10 Quartz :wiggle: :wiggle: :-D :wink:
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Posts: 7098
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
x 95

Unread post by addo »

I'm a little teapot, short and stout.
Last edited by addo on 02 May 2015, 09:15, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 11824
Joined: 28 Mar 2013, 21:05
x 2000

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Stickyfinger »

or take one with a proper camera, nothing wrong with modern DSLRs.....film and chemicals ?.......Luddites !.:)
I to be honest have always been impressed with good black& white photographers, a very creative bunch.
Image

or with Photoshop added
Image
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Dodger
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55048
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8378

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

A 'must watch' for me is on Channel 4 this evening at 5:20 this evening - The Karate Kid :-D

Oddly, I've never seen it... Must get it recorded...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
citronut
Posts: 10937
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 00:46
x 94

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by citronut »

CitroJim wrote:A 'must watch' for me is on Channel 4 this evening at 5:20 this evening - The Karate Kid :-D

Oddly, I've never seen it... Must get it recorded...

aaah yes which episode though
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55048
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8378

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by CitroJim »

citronut wrote: aaah yes which episode though
Film I believe. It's on until 8 so it goes on a while...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
Hell Razor5543
(Donor 2023)
Posts: 14307
Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
x 3306

Re: Citrojim's Xantia V6, C1 and Activa Tales

Unread post by Hell Razor5543 »

There have been, IFAIK, 3 films in the KK franchise. Nope, 4, as there was a recent re-make, with Jackie Chan as the mentor, and Jaden Smith (Wil Smiths' son) as the student.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+

Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!