Mark
CitroJim's AX, C3 Picasso, Cycling and Running Tales
-
bxzx16v
- Posts: 1697
- Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
- x 35
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
I think I may just add an activa onto my wanted list Jim, along side a V6 xantia, pug 406 V6, xsara vts (mk 1), C4 vts, possibly another Zx16v, Bx16v, celica gt4, laguna V6, infact anything odd and unloved really
.
Mark
Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
It's a lovely list Mark but some of those will not be easy to find..
Try finding a really good Activa these days
You stand more chance of finding a way of achieving world peace...
Try finding a really good Activa these days
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
Northern_Mike
-
bxzx16v
- Posts: 1697
- Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
- x 35
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
I'm not in any rush to get anything, it's just a matter of waiting until something comes up. It will more than likely be another Citroen maybe a Renault. I just can't seem to settle long term with much else. I was very fortunate to come across my old Zx16v with a fsh/bills etc and it came from a good home. The next vehicle must have the pedigree that had, even if it means going for an older vehicle. The Gt4 is something I craved back in the day but never had the opportunity to try one.
Mark
Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
The V6 is all finally done, dusted and back on her wheels again
I started off with quite a pile of bits this morning and they fairly quickly reduced as they were refitted. There is nothing left over, not even a washer!
She's driving beautifully and will be good for the run up to Nottingham on Wednesday to take Sian back to Uni..
Next up for TLC is the Activa. She's due and MOT next month. How time flies.... Seem like only yesterday she had her last one...
She's driving beautifully and will be good for the run up to Nottingham on Wednesday to take Sian back to Uni..
Next up for TLC is the Activa. She's due and MOT next month. How time flies.... Seem like only yesterday she had her last one...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
bxzx16v
- Posts: 1697
- Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
- x 35
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Glad to hear the V6 is sorted Jim, what's the best price for a belt kit? The 406 I'm going to look at may require one due to age rather than miles. I've heard it's a pig of a job.
Mark
Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
I have no idea I'm afraid Mark. I can only take a guess. I just replaced the belt on mine as I made an assessment of the condition of the tensioners, jockey and water pump and decided they were good for another round..
The belt I bought from KP
Commercially, a V6 belt is an expensive business as they will insist on changing belt, tensioners, jockeys and water pump. It involves a good bit of labour too.
Factor that into any offer you make on a V6. I reckon a good ball-park would be £600-700 for the whole job.
The belt I bought from KP
Commercially, a V6 belt is an expensive business as they will insist on changing belt, tensioners, jockeys and water pump. It involves a good bit of labour too.
Factor that into any offer you make on a V6. I reckon a good ball-park would be £600-700 for the whole job.
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
xantia_v6
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 10965
- Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
- x 1460
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Up to late 1999, the timing belt had a manual tensioner, which needs SEEM gauge to adjust. After that an automatic tensioner was fitted, which doesn't need the gauge. To convert from early to late tensioner, you need to change the tensioner and change (or modify with as hacksaw) the water pump.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
I was lucky with mine Mike, it already had the later tensioner fitted..
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
bxzx16v
- Posts: 1697
- Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
- x 35
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
I've seen the belt kits for £200 (dayco), my mate works for the local pug dealer and says it's quite a job. I'll check the date on Monday of the last belt replacement.
Mark
Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
The job itself is not that bad Mark, it's all the stuff that needs to be stripped out of the way to get at the belt in the first place!
That's what takes the time and costs the money really. For a V6 the job really is quite straightforward as long as the later C5 type automatic tensioner Mike was referring to is fitted. The old Dynamic Tensioner is a bit of a different kettle of fish..
That's what takes the time and costs the money really. For a V6 the job really is quite straightforward as long as the later C5 type automatic tensioner Mike was referring to is fitted. The old Dynamic Tensioner is a bit of a different kettle of fish..
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
bxzx16v
- Posts: 1697
- Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
- x 35
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Thanks Jim I shall bear it in mind.
Mark
Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
Took my V6 to karate this morning. It's definitely running very beautifully and better than it was before the new belt and all the recent TLC
Is it the new plugs, all the cleaning of the inlet tract or the fact the engine ECU has been reset for the very first time in my long ownership of the car? It was the first time for me the battery had ever been disconnected...
It isn't valve timing as with the old belt the timing was observed to be spot-on..
Simon, I'd be interested in your views as the difference is tangible
Off to swap the oil in the Activa and do a pre-MOT on kit in a bit...
Is it the new plugs, all the cleaning of the inlet tract or the fact the engine ECU has been reset for the very first time in my long ownership of the car? It was the first time for me the battery had ever been disconnected...
It isn't valve timing as with the old belt the timing was observed to be spot-on..
Simon, I'd be interested in your views as the difference is tangible
Off to swap the oil in the Activa and do a pre-MOT on kit in a bit...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55063
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8386
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
That's the Activa done.. Oil and filter changed and a full pre-MOT carried out..
All appears to be fine bar the front fogs have died.. Whilst they're not strictly mandatory I want them working as I assume if they're fitted they should work.
Ran out of time today so that's some fun to be had another time...
All appears to be fine bar the front fogs have died.. Whilst they're not strictly mandatory I want them working as I assume if they're fitted they should work.
Ran out of time today so that's some fun to be had another time...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
xantia_v6
- Forum Admin Team
- Posts: 10965
- Joined: 09 Nov 2005, 22:03
- x 1460
Re: Citrojim's Xantia, C1 and XM Tales
How about: http://www.leboncoin.fr/voitures/698364868.htm?ca=5_s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ?bxzx16v wrote:I think I may just add an activa onto my wanted list Jim, along side a V6 xantia, pug 406 V6, xsara vts (mk 1), C4 vts, possibly another Zx16v, Bx16v, celica gt4, laguna V6, infact anything odd and unloved really.
Mark