Davie's french attraction.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I have a front bumper and gti valance painted and ready to go on, im on the lookout for a rear bumper and valance to paint and put on so I can keep the original ones to refit if I ever want to. I may, when I think about it, get anotner set of numberplates also, now the car is outside more often so the original ones dont delaminate. For the sake of 12 quid or so off ebay it would be worth it. The 13" steel wheels arent even rusty when removed, and the original wheeltrims, 3 are like new and one has one very light kerb mark. Att this stuff is now in storage in a dry shed for refitting if necessary.
The pepperpots, I bought 4 new tyres for them. I was going to buy my current favourite tyres, Uniroyal rain expert 3, at £33 each delivered, and £10 each fitted, but instead bought falkens at £45 fitted just because the Uniroyal tread looks too modern and the falkens look more appropriate!
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
The pepperpots, I bought 4 new tyres for them. I was going to buy my current favourite tyres, Uniroyal rain expert 3, at £33 each delivered, and £10 each fitted, but instead bought falkens at £45 fitted just because the Uniroyal tread looks too modern and the falkens look more appropriate!
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8389
Re: Davie's french attraction.
daviemck2006 wrote: The pepperpots, I bought 4 new tyres for them. I was going to buy my current favourite tyres, Uniroyal rain expert 3, at £33 each delivered, and £10 each fitted, but instead bought falkens at £45 fitted just because the Uniroyal tread looks too modern and the falkens look more appropriate!
Good! I'm all for keeping the looks right on such a special car Davie
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
bxzx16v
- Posts: 1697
- Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
- x 35
Re: Davie's french attraction.
How's the big Pug going Davie? Been tempted myself for something French again but I may have to wait a while .Wish I'd kept the 406 coupe with that lovely V6 burble but sadly it wasn't to be . Very happy with the Freelander though.
Mark
Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Its absolutely brilliant Mark. Much better since the remap, its more responsive and returning nearly 40mpg. Its a big car though, it would be very difficult parking in normal spaces. I have a blue badge to park in disabled spaces so its not an issue for me. The electric saets help there too, i have position 1 for my driving position, and 2 puts it back a bit and higher and backrest up a bit which all helps getting in and out. Its not as comfortable as a hydraulic citroen but its not far off. Really pleased with it, its just very big when it comes to cleaning it!
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
bxzx16v
- Posts: 1697
- Joined: 29 May 2011, 22:11
- x 35
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Great stuff , hope little Pugs doing fine too .
Mark
Mark
2009 Landrover Freelander 2 TD4se (killed an Audi) , sadly now gone .
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
2012 Landrover Freelander 2 SD4 AUTO Love it . Now gone .
2014 Ford Bmax 1.0 Ecoboost Zetec . Fantastic little machine .Gone now.
2014 Ford Focus 2.0 Tdci Zetec S with the French heart.
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: RE: Re: Davie's french attraction.
Little pug is doing well too. These are two of the best cars I have ownes condition wise. I use little for nipping to the shops as its much better around town. None have delivered a pizza yet and its going to stay that way. I only do it as emergency cover if another driver calls off, then i refuse to use my own car so use the bosses audi! I have a minor leak into the boot of little pug which i have so far been unable to trace. I have an idea where to look now though after chatting with a fellow 205 renthauiast and owner of 2 gti's. Apparently water gets in through the boot lock, he has sealed both his with tiger seal, from there it gets into the boot floor, where he pointed to where one of his rotted and needed a patch is exactly where my boot floor was wet. I dont have the carpet in just now, so i dont have a build up of water. Its one of the jobs which are piling up to do once i get this feckin scaffolding gone and get the driveway back.bxzx16v wrote:Great stuff , hope little Pugs doing fine too .
Mark
Im rarely in babypug now, its Shauns daily commuter just now. Its totally abused yet at 83k or so it just keeps going. It gets petrol and oil put in to it and nothing much else. Its exhaust been hanging off for 10k or so, but hanging on by a bit of wire, still original everything apart fron service items. Shaun has now decided that ge is going to run it as a work hack until it disintegrates. His skoda fabia vrs is now back on the road with a lot of money spent on it. He doesnt want to run it to work as the private road he has to go up wrecks low profile tyres and bursts sumps on lowered cars. His civic type r has disappeared, probably parked up in his garage space as its out of insurance.
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
Zelandeth
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5310
- Joined: 16 Nov 2014, 23:36
- x 1597
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Funny that...I must be turning into a grumpy old man (at 32) but it seems to me that the car damaging road there says more to me about the car than the road!
Have to admit that I have purposefully aimed at a couple of potholes near here in the Lada when I've got an idiot in an Audi or BMW sticking to my rear bumper...and enjoy watching their teeth shatter as they hit it.
I know what roads the suspension in this thing was made to deal with...so that's one system I doubt I could really hurt if I tried.
Have to admit that I have purposefully aimed at a couple of potholes near here in the Lada when I've got an idiot in an Audi or BMW sticking to my rear bumper...and enjoy watching their teeth shatter as they hit it.
I know what roads the suspension in this thing was made to deal with...so that's one system I doubt I could really hurt if I tried.
Current fleet:
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
07 Volvo V70 SE D5, 85 Sinclair C5, 84 Trabant 601S, 73 AC Model 70, 62 Rover 110.
-
van ordinaire
- (Donor 2017)
- Posts: 2537
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 14:45
- x 402
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Reminds me of India, cruisining along in my old (borrowed) Hindustan Ambassador taxi, with some modern Jap/Korean hatch creeping up alongside, just as the road gets a little more "Indian" i.e. washboard - with optional, but widespread, potholes - & watching them slip gently astern, as the "Ambi" continues at its own, relaxed, pace, the gently pitching (& some mechanical noise) being the only indication that anything was different.
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club
'05 C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS
& the numerous "abandoned projects"
'81 2CV Club
'05 C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS
& the numerous "abandoned projects"
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
I'm working tonight, using the 107, I've not been in it for ages. I'm almost embarrassed to be seen in it the state of it.


Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk



Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
van ordinaire
- (Donor 2017)
- Posts: 2537
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 14:45
- x 402
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Is that really 5 lites of oil in the passenger footwell? Not seen the likes of that for a few years now.
In that 2nd piccie, have to say, my attention was drawn to the background; if my local high street parking was like that - I'd go shopping more often
In that 2nd piccie, have to say, my attention was drawn to the background; if my local high street parking was like that - I'd go shopping more often
Citroens:-
'81 2CV Club
'05 C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS
& the numerous "abandoned projects"
'81 2CV Club
'05 C15
'97 Xantia Exclusive estate
others:-
Jeep XJ Cherokees x 3
'96 Cadillac Eldorado
'99 Cadillac STS
& the numerous "abandoned projects"
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8389
Re: Davie's french attraction.
He's not caring for that 107 is he Davie

Robyn absolutely loves and cherishes her C1...
Robyn absolutely loves and cherishes her C1...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Trouble is all the shops are closed! That's about 1&1/2 litres left after Shaun serviced it yesterday. He maybe doesnt clean it ever, but it gets the oily bits well looked after.
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8389
Re: Davie's french attraction.
At least he's looking after the oily bits Davie! He's forgiven then...
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
-
daviemck2006
- Donor 2024
- Posts: 5033
- Joined: 04 Dec 2010, 18:45
- x 496
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Those pics dont show how filthy it really is. In his words its a workhorse to get thrashed, crashed and never washed. Thats 9 times either he or I have changed the oil and filters in 2&1/2 years and 70,000 miles. It got a big service this time, got plugs as well!
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
Peugeot boxer 2016
In the family
Cupra Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2024 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Vw golf 1.9gttdi 150 spare toy.
-
CitroJim
- A very naughty boy
- Posts: 55066
- Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
- x 8389
Re: Davie's french attraction.
Don't worry if you can't find a 4th plug when changing them Davie 
Jim
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
A bit of a Citroen AX fan...