Pickled Egg Quiz

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.
User avatar
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024
Posts: 3293
Joined: 11 May 2022, 19:54
x 1068

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by Rp0thejester »

Original easy, 90s easy, 80s 17s, 70s fail, 60s 17s, 00s easy.
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21076
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8089

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

Back on song today, 3 heardle fails, bullseye on the first chord of the 60's and got a 2 on nerdle as well :-D
Spoiler: show
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
Screenshot
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 26419
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 10:40
x 7164

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by NewcastleFalcon »

Links back to working for me. No qualms about doing the original, I enjoy it. I ceased to be surprised at who owns what. when PepsiCo acquired Quaker Oats and Scott's Porage Oats.

75% Today only one fail on the Original Heardle


Original Heardle https://www.spotify.com/heardle/ not a personal favorite and if they were to come up on Popmaster "3 in 10", I could only name one of their tunes. Quite a lot of folk do appear to like them, but they have well and truly passed me by.
60's heardle, https://www.60s.heardledecades.com/ 5 seconds with one wrong guess but never would have got the song without the guess bar options.
70's heardle, https://www.70s.heardledecades.com/ 17 seconds , never mind, got there :-D
80's heardle https://heardle80s.com/ 2 seconds pleased with that one :-D

Regards Neil
Last edited by NewcastleFalcon on 14 Jul 2022, 09:21, edited 1 time in total.
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28675
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
x 5673

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by myglaren »

Original: Hopeless although thought I had it at 4"
Sixties: Two seconds :)
Seventies: Fail. I must only know a couple of there songs it seems.
Eighties: Clueless.

The rest: Passed on that.
User avatar
bobins
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 6846
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
x 3566

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by bobins »

Oh what joy..... :roll:

"Heardle Spotify move hits sour note with some fans."
"Spotify has bought popular interactive music guessing game Heardle."
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-62142203
User avatar
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024
Posts: 3293
Joined: 11 May 2022, 19:54
x 1068

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by Rp0thejester »

Well it was to be expected. A song Intro game that can't be beaten by Spotify. Here come the adds...
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21076
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8089

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

That's me done on that then!! :evil:
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
User avatar
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024
Posts: 3293
Joined: 11 May 2022, 19:54
x 1068

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by Rp0thejester »

Failed all except 2000s, I'm very disappointed in myself
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
User avatar
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 28675
Joined: 02 Mar 2008, 13:30
x 5673

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by myglaren »

13/07-'22

Original -Not a clue.

Sixties: Two seconds :)

Seventies: No, thankfully

Eighties: No chance.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21076
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8089

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

Original - not entertained following yesterday's news
60s - instantaneous recognition
70s - no hope
80s - no hope
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 26419
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 10:40
x 7164

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by NewcastleFalcon »

50% today

Original Heardle all decades fail.....and looks like my usual link gets redirected, its distinctly changed, the link is clunky about to disappear and in general rubbish not a great start for the new owners! Wonder how long before they shut down the creativity of the net community and take the clones down that we enjoy off the airwaves.
60's heardle, https://www.60s.heardledecades.com/ 2 seconds
70's heardle, https://www.70s.heardledecades.com/ 2 seconds.
80's heardle https://heardle80s.com/ Fail probably one of the worst tracks selected so far.

REgards Neil

PS looks as though Spotify have broken Original Heardle on the first day! Taken my links off. They appear not to work at all now, and the direct link on Spotify.com doesn't work for me either :-D
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
User avatar
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024
Posts: 3293
Joined: 11 May 2022, 19:54
x 1068

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by Rp0thejester »

https://www.spotify.com/heardle/?type=a ... AoBA%3D%3D not pretty but try this for the original heardle.
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
User avatar
Rp0thejester
Donor 2024
Posts: 3293
Joined: 11 May 2022, 19:54
x 1068

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by Rp0thejester »

2000 16s, 90s 8s, 80s fail, 70s 8s, 60s 8s. Original 8s
Ryan

'99 Xsara 1.6 X (Red) with Sunkissed bonnet. T59 SBX
'54 Astra Estate 1.7DTI (Artic White)
'06 C8 2.2Hdi Exclusive (Aster Grey)

Champion of Where's CitroJim :-({|=
Yes I ask the stupid questions, because normally it is that simple.
User avatar
mickthemaverick
Forum Admin Team
Posts: 21076
Joined: 11 May 2019, 17:56
x 8089

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by mickthemaverick »

An excellent start on the dles today with the easiest Worldle possible. Followed up by a pair of 3's on Wordle and Nerdle and a 4 on Speed Nerdle, its going well I thought until I turned to the remaining Heardle clones to record my usual fails on the 80s and 70s and then absolute devastation as I clocked
Spoiler: show
Jimi
In the first two seconds but totally failed to remember the track. Out of personal choice I do not use the drop down as it gives my memory better exercise in recalling the tracks I recognise but this morning after 20 mins anguish I had got no further so I played the full clip and then was devastated at still not being able to name it, so I record my first ever fail on a track which I knew the instant I read the answer!! #-o
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
User avatar
NewcastleFalcon
Posts: 26419
Joined: 25 Feb 2009, 10:40
x 7164

Re: Pickled Egg Quiz

Unread post by NewcastleFalcon »

Links back to working for me. No qualms about doing the original, I enjoy it. I ceased to be surprised at who owns what when PepsiCo acquired Quaker Oats and Scott's Porage Oats.

75% Today only one fail on the Original Heardle


Original Heardle https://www.spotify.com/heardle/ not a personal favorite and if they were to come up on Popmaster "3 in 10", I could only name one of their tunes. Quite a lot of folk do appear to like them, but they have well and truly passed me by.
60's heardle, https://www.60s.heardledecades.com/ 5 seconds with one wrong guess but never would have got the song without the guess bar options.
70's heardle, https://www.70s.heardledecades.com/ 17 seconds , never mind, got there :-D
80's heardle https://heardle80s.com/ 2 seconds pleased with that one :-D

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey