This vehicle was on the cusp of all the changes as it was built January 2015. This is the DV6FC 115 engine and I know earlier models did not have the SCR system. I think vehicles registered after September 2015 had SCR systems, but others made use of EGR to reduce NOx. However we know Citroen made extensive use of SCR in their 'Blue HDi' badged vehicles before the requirement and therefore show this model with and without the SCR (those without would likely not be badged 'Blue' in the name but may of been the same engine, just without the SCR and a little earlier).
But it doesn't follow that they all use the same developments in other parts of the vehicle. These may change over time. In the case of the oil filter, as you can see from the diagram the oil filter shows a round seal as Paul says not a square one. Maybe the Mann seal look square, but it should be round. The part number is: 1610693780
Here is the official part as you can see that corresponds on the box with the part number I quoted:
Oil Capacity
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Oil Capacity
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
eurofjr
- (Donor 2022)
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 02 Jun 2022, 01:20
- x 4
Re: Oil Capacity
Hi all,
So I went and pulled the old service records from the dealer (yeah, why didn't I do this first...) and after searching on Google found that it matches the filter with the green tubular gasket. It's the actual PSA PN (1610693780). I'm heading to the local parts store to buy, fit, test, and...cross fingers.
Jim.
So I went and pulled the old service records from the dealer (yeah, why didn't I do this first...) and after searching on Google found that it matches the filter with the green tubular gasket. It's the actual PSA PN (1610693780). I'm heading to the local parts store to buy, fit, test, and...cross fingers.
Jim.
-
eurofjr
- (Donor 2022)
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 02 Jun 2022, 01:20
- x 4
Re: Oil Capacity
Thanks, Marc. That is a big relief. Even better, I fitted the new filter (why not) and correct gasket and no obvious leak this time. I'm heading out for a test drive to confirm.
FWIW, since I previously way overfilled the oil, it's possible that having the wrong gasket actually helped me out by allowing oil to more easily leak thereby preventing a buildup of oil pressure and, potentially, causing damage. I don't know but it looks like the car may finally be gtg...
FWIW, since I previously way overfilled the oil, it's possible that having the wrong gasket actually helped me out by allowing oil to more easily leak thereby preventing a buildup of oil pressure and, potentially, causing damage. I don't know but it looks like the car may finally be gtg...
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Oil Capacity
Glad it's sorted. Any part numbers you need in future, pop up your request in the Official parts thread to ensure you get the right one.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
eurofjr
- (Donor 2022)
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 02 Jun 2022, 01:20
- x 4
Re: Oil Capacity
No leak! So far, so good. Thanks everyone for the help. I'll keep an extra eye on the oil just to make sure. 
-
OnlinePaul-R
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 9335
- Joined: 07 May 2009, 16:24
- x 1942
Re: Oil Capacity
I thought it highly likely you had the wrong O-ring as many non-OE catalogues list the early type of filter and O-ring as being suitable. I've had to refuse/return boxed oil filters before now as they contained the wrong O-ring.
The filter is correct, of course, it's only the O-ring that differs. The early type is much cheaper as well. That green O-ring is one expensive piece of rubber (? Neoprene? Silicone?).
The filter is correct, of course, it's only the O-ring that differs. The early type is much cheaper as well. That green O-ring is one expensive piece of rubber (? Neoprene? Silicone?).
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.
"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson
-
eurofjr
- (Donor 2022)
- Posts: 22
- Joined: 02 Jun 2022, 01:20
- x 4
Re: Oil Capacity
I actually inspected the o-ring at the counter before buying. Lesson learned, right? Again, thanks.