C5 Suspension fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
User avatar
bobins
(Donor 2025)
Posts: 6847
Joined: 05 Jul 2012, 18:07
x 3566

Re: C5 Suspension fault

Unread post by bobins »

When it comes to replacing a worn part that comes in pairs, I always ask myself : "Would they replace both of them under warranty if only one of them had failed ?" In most cases they'd only replace the one.
User avatar
GiveMeABreak
(Donor 2016)
Posts: 41989
Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
x 6957

Re: C5 Suspension fault

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

Precisely!

When I had the TPMS blow out a few years back leaving a gaping hole in the alloy where it once was - I was only a mile away from the dealer down the dual carriageway when it shot out like a bullet. Suspension handled the instantaneous deflation very well and I hardly noticed it. But I went in with a face like thunder because of how dangerous it could of been, had I been going down a high street with a small child getting hit by it.

I was also aware of the reactive metals that prematurely caused these to fail, so when they went to replace it I demanded all of them were done. I got onto Citroen UK and demanded they replace the lot and they did - Head Office had obviously called them to expect me. They changed the design I believe, but you have to push for everything these days.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.

Marc