Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
-
vladd.alex
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 06 Jan 2014, 18:34
- x 4
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
Thank you very much Marc! I will depressurize the system with Diagbox.
In a few days I will receive the strut and I will schedule the replacement. I hope that this will solve my leakage. You are the man!
In a few days I will receive the strut and I will schedule the replacement. I hope that this will solve my leakage. You are the man!
-
vladd.alex
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 06 Jan 2014, 18:34
- x 4
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
I hope that the sphere will be easy to remove from the old cylinder. Actually what is missing is the sealing from the sphere and maybe the sealing from the pipe.
One important question: do you know if the left rear is the same with the right rear? They told me so, but I have to be sure before starting the replacement. Thank you.
One important question: do you know if the left rear is the same with the right rear? They told me so, but I have to be sure before starting the replacement. Thank you.
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
Hi Vlad - 527299 is the part number of the strut for your X7 - there is no difference between left and right
But - also consider that the leak may be coming from the suspension sphere - to strut seal (number (3) in the diagram. I guess you won't know for sure until you can confirm it.
But - also consider that the leak may be coming from the suspension sphere - to strut seal (number (3) in the diagram. I guess you won't know for sure until you can confirm it.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
vladd.alex
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 06 Jan 2014, 18:34
- x 4
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
I have checked and the leakage is coming from the inner of the axle protection...around the sphere there is no oil, also around the connection of the sphere. The strut is always wet, but there is no oil on the road never. Anyway I have followed your suggestion from months ago to consider to change it. 
-
vladd.alex
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 06 Jan 2014, 18:34
- x 4
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
Do You know if I can buy the part 3 from the imageV I have not identified it up to now...
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
Yes Vlad, the square seal is part 527215 (37.4 x 42 x 2.6) and is always recommended to be replaced when the sphere is replaced or removed. It costs £5.26 inc 20% VAT in the UK from Citroen - so should be a similar price or less over there with you.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
vladd.alex
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 06 Jan 2014, 18:34
- x 4
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
Unfortunately I cannot find it also on Citroen Romania.
is there a chance to buy it from Uk? And maybe also the sealing for the pipe? Are they send it in EU?
-
vladd.alex
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 06 Jan 2014, 18:34
- x 4
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
Update: I have found it finally, everything is fine. I will add an update after the replacement. Thank you.
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
I was going to suggest that they should be available from any Citroen dealership - they are official parts Vlad, but glad you have managed to sort it out. Looking forward to the update.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
Eugen
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 12 May 2020, 22:56
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
Good evening!
After 180.000 km I faced with the need to replace rear pipes from regulator to struts.
So pipes are prepared but I can not find part number of T40 bolt - pos.3 on the picture from manual, which fixes the pipe to the cylinder top.
Is it necessary to purchase O- rings, or new pipe comes with rings?
Thanks in advance for your help
After 180.000 km I faced with the need to replace rear pipes from regulator to struts.
So pipes are prepared but I can not find part number of T40 bolt - pos.3 on the picture from manual, which fixes the pipe to the cylinder top.
Is it necessary to purchase O- rings, or new pipe comes with rings?
Thanks in advance for your help
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
You'll have to load a picture up so we know exactly what you are referring to. But if it's the hydraulic tube (this one shown here is for the left side only as an example) then it would appear they include all the fixings and 'O' rings as you can see: (click image to zoom).
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
Eugen
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 12 May 2020, 22:56
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
Thanks
Got it about the O-rings
And what about bolt?
As I see it's not included
Got it about the O-rings
And what about bolt?
As I see it's not included
-
Eugen
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 12 May 2020, 22:56
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
I meant this manual and bolts pos.3GiveMeABreak wrote: 15 Oct 2018, 20:02 Ok, here you go: I know you have Diagbox, so in your case it will be easier to depressurise the system using that - although you can disconnect the battery and depressurise the rear axle manually only if you want. Let me know if you want to do that.
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
No, they are not supplied, but should be reusable as they are only bolts.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
Eugen
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 12 May 2020, 22:56
Re: Citroën C5 X7 OSR hydraulic leak
I am afraid that they are in quite bad shape, so it's better to replace them
Last edited by Eugen on 13 May 2020, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.