2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
-
KP
- Posts: 3980
- Joined: 10 Jul 2006, 12:11
- x 27
Re: 2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
It's the work that goes into them and there is so little choice for people once they sort their spec out. If your limited to DW's then the 10 is best and fit an intercooler even if you don't map it as t will help it cope with the extra weight of it all. Also have a look into a park heat system from webasto or eberpacher units with remote. Having an a cabin and engine pre heated is good for the engine long term and if your parking t and leaving it with a trickle charger it can help keep it dry inside when parked up in winter as you can remotely fire it up once a week to keep it warm inside and drive moisture out a little 
-
jgra1
- (Donor 2021)
- Posts: 4625
- Joined: 27 Nov 2005, 19:07
- x 37
Re: 2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
hi old guy . where did you get to with this.
john
john
-
jgra1
- (Donor 2021)
- Posts: 4625
- Joined: 27 Nov 2005, 19:07
- x 37
Re: 2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
well I have done it now..
tonight I bought an ageing (2004) 2.2HDi boxer MWB high(ish) roof .. pick up on Sat - to turn into a 2 berth camper
there will be questions
in fact I have some already!!
driveshafts and gearbox (and oil) same as 2.0 HDi ?
DMF fitted? I know it is.. no need to answer..
Can I retro fit cruise as I did with my old C5 2.0?
what, if anything, will lexia need to connect? (I remember Richard W?) saying that some commercials need an add on?
that's it for now
John
tonight I bought an ageing (2004) 2.2HDi boxer MWB high(ish) roof .. pick up on Sat - to turn into a 2 berth camper
there will be questions
in fact I have some already!!
driveshafts and gearbox (and oil) same as 2.0 HDi ?
DMF fitted? I know it is.. no need to answer..
Can I retro fit cruise as I did with my old C5 2.0?
what, if anything, will lexia need to connect? (I remember Richard W?) saying that some commercials need an add on?
that's it for now
John
-
Hell Razor5543
- (Donor 2023)
- Posts: 14307
- Joined: 01 Apr 2012, 09:47
- x 3306
Re: 2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
If it has the COMM2000 unit (and the dual brake pedal switches, in any format) then it should be possible to add Cruise Control. I would be surprised if you need the extra Lexia module to communicate with the van. I think it is only the most recent incarnations that need it.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
ex C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
-
jgra1
- (Donor 2021)
- Posts: 4625
- Joined: 27 Nov 2005, 19:07
- x 37
Re: 2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
thanks James 
-
GiveMeABreak
- (Donor 2016)
- Posts: 41989
- Joined: 15 Sep 2015, 19:38
- x 6957
Re: 2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
It's the S1279 add on module for the Lexia hardware John and this maybe needed for the BIPPER, JUMPER, NEMO & BERLINGO models. Specifically as some of these models were joint-engineered (Fiat for example) and the S1279 can work with the different ECUs that are used. I can't say for sure which engines - but it will likely be the associated electronics that may be different, where the standard Actia clone won't always work, resulting in no communication with some / all of the ECUs.
Please note, I'm no longer active on the Forum, so won't respond to messages.
Marc
Marc
-
Peter.N.
- Moderating Team
- Posts: 11778
- Joined: 02 Apr 2005, 16:11
- x 1240
Re: 2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
You will need low ash oil as the 2.2 has a DPF - at least it does in the car.
Peter
Peter
-
jgra1
- (Donor 2021)
- Posts: 4625
- Joined: 27 Nov 2005, 19:07
- x 37
Re: 2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
thanks both.. it's not what i had in mind by any stretch. but cheap and cheerful and plenty of ideas .. tents are fine but getting a bit tiresome now..
will know much more sat afternoon...
will know much more sat afternoon...
-
Old-Guy
- (Donor 2025)
- Posts: 1815
- Joined: 11 Sep 2008, 12:08
- x 24
Re: 2.2HDi van engine (DW12 UTED)
John (jgr)
The motor-home idea is dead in the water due to health problems that aren't going to go away.
The motor-home idea is dead in the water due to health problems that aren't going to go away.
2012 Subaru Forester - capable but no magic carpet
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi - not missed!
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - sadly missed
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi - not missed!
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - sadly missed
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)