They've got to be Joking?

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.
User avatar
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
Posts: 55061
Joined: 30 Apr 2005, 23:33
x 8385

Unread post by CitroJim »

addo wrote:I'd suggest a drunk hit-run is worse!
Yep, it is, you're right... That never wears off, ever...
Jim

A bit of a Citroen AX fan...
Citroenmad
Posts: 8125
Joined: 04 Dec 2008, 22:08
x 110

Unread post by Citroenmad »

Toby_HDi wrote:
Citroenmad wrote:Why the loss in interest Toby?

What are you planning for your next car?

I find if i think about another car id like, I lose interest in the one i have. But the feeling almost always goes away! :lol:
I just never seem to get anywhere with getting the jobs done. Mainly due to finances as I'm on such a poor wage. I can get the stuff done, but then I find I have no money for myself. It's also about finding the motivation to actually do the job, something I have very little of these days. The insurance issue is the other one.

That's just it, I don't have a plan for another car. I always said I'd drive big petrol V's and nothing would stop me, and they'd never price me out of driving. Sad fact is, in reality, there isn't a lot I can do about it. Additionally, if I'm not driving a V, to me, there is no point in driving at all.
Ah thats a shame Toby, im yet to sample a V6 engined car but they are obviously something special!

I dont think id like to own one as a daily driver, great as it would be, the fuel costs would cripple me.

What is your main draw to a V6? The noise?
Chris
15 Citroen C4 Cactus HDi Feel - Red
14 Citroen C3 Picasso HDi Selection - Grey
07 Citroen C6 V6 HDi Exclusive - Red
01 Citroen Saxo 1.1i Forte - Mango
.
24 Toyota Yaris Hybrid
12 Ford Mondeo TDCi Business Edition
03 Seat Arosa 1.0S
Toby_HDi
Posts: 1354
Joined: 05 Jan 2008, 21:31
x 3

Unread post by Toby_HDi »

Main draw is the entire driving experience.

Yes the noise is special, although its something that needs to be worked on with the Coupé as it doesn't sound as nice as the Alfa V6 I had.

The fact is that with a big petrol under the bonnet, I can cruise along effortlessly, in comfort and return surprising economy. Yet, when the mood takes me, I can also have some fun.

They have their own character that most engines just do not have. Though I would like to sample a straight six for their inherent smoothness and larger Vs with more cylinders for the variety of sounds.
Toby


Previous:
2004 Peugeot 407 HDi 138 SE Luxury Pack
2001 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
2001 Peugeot 406 V6 Coupé
1998 S2 Xantia Activa
2000 S2 Xantia HDi 110 SX
1999 Peugeot 406 2.0 16v Estate
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Posts: 7098
Joined: 19 Aug 2008, 12:38
x 95

Unread post by addo »

Come to Australia for a driving holiday. Get your hands on a turbo Falcon and have some fun.
steelcityuk
Posts: 1053
Joined: 03 Jul 2006, 21:51
x 1

Unread post by steelcityuk »

Now that was a can of worms I opened!

I really hope that once the XM is back in one piece and I come to insure it, it will be far more reasonable than the silly quote I had. Once the XMs back on the road the A Class will be off road for new clutch, a grind & paint of the rear wheelarch lips and a poke around the heater booster. I might just have a crack at the alloys too...

Can't wait for spring!

Steve.
not applicable