2009 C5 Tourer - rear suspension leak

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

steveclv

2009 C5 Tourer - rear suspension leak

Post by steveclv »

I'm looking for a C5 Tourer and came across one at a very good price the seller informs me that there is a "leak on one of the vehicle's rear left hydraulic suspension in the low position" - the price is very tempting but what could be the problem? Is it perhaps expensive to repair?

Thanks for any pointers
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)

Re: 2009 C5 Tourer - rear suspension leak

Post by Stickyfinger »

Very much "depends on who is going to fix it"....

IF a Main dealer, expect big bucks if they can get OEM parts from Citroen (can be hard to get and expensive now).....IF a smaller garage who knows Citroens and will look for a solution, normally not expensive as there are ways of joining in new pipes, using 2nd had parts etc that a main dealer will not use......

C5 suspension is very simple vrs the older types.......... a good opportunity to push down on the price
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
steveclv

Re: 2009 C5 Tourer - rear suspension leak

Post by steveclv »

Thanks - I'll never use a main dealer again and as I live in France, access to decent small garages isn't a problem - maybe I'lll have a chat with one of them on Monday and see if they would be interested in the work and then work on really knocking the price down. I was just wondering if anyone would be saying 'oh no, run away' LOL